Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Reports & Pictures - Chase Day 30

Paul Sherman

Posted

Started the day under cold 54f temps in Ogolalla and blasted east along Interstate 80 to be parralel with the Dryline to our South. Did not want to screw up the positioning day for the biggie on Monday so waited for the dryline cells to come to us from their initation point near Salina. We ventured to just below the Kansas border near Concordia and witnessed some nice Lightning whilst eating Pizza. Then re-positioned another 150 miles north to stay in Columbus (Nebraska) for mondays risk.

Some pics from the guys

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Laziest storm chase in a while for me. Watched the Monaco GP, went to see the tornado Alley Movie on Imax at the Cosmosphere in Hutchinson. Spent 4 hours in the museum looking at the cool stuff like the Apollo 13 capsule, Liberty Bell 7 etc. Not sure how such an out of the way museum had so much history. Left at 5pm and with seemingly no data due to account issues with my mobile broadband and data roaming, I just headed 40 minutes east to the nearest towers I could see and followed the storm pretty much to Nebraska by site. They were barely severe, though warned for the wind damage more than anything. Lots of long lived Gustnadoes and a very noticeable heat burst north of Great Bend (big wind surge and temp rocketed to 96F at 7:30pm local time!) Another heat burst was reported near York when I got here and again, there was a fair increase in temps to the low 80's (now 11:00pm) but that could easily have been a warm front as it didn't drop down nearly as much as the earlier one. Not many worthwhile pics and I have the slowest net connection known to man so not going to be able to upload anything just now. The sunset mammatus were very pretty however.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Good stuff guy's.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

Hi team

My grandson and I have put this little cartoon together for you. It features Paul, Dave and Pat.

Enjoy

Tom & Joshua

Posted

Hi team

My grandson and I have put this little cartoon together for you. It features Paul, Dave and Pat.

Enjoy

Tom & Joshua

Yes, yes, yes, ab so lutely F....g brill

Pat's character in so him....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy...
rofl.gifrofl.gifBrilliant , Absolutely Brilliant rofl.gifrofl.gif Great Pics as well guys! Edited by duckeyh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost
:drunk::drinks: