Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Chat And Discussion

Coast

Posted

I wasnt expecting anything. Just exploded half a mile then hit dead on and same time becoming electricfied. Got video of the hail :)

Nice one mate :D

There's not a lot happening here atm. The clouds appear to be bubbling up nicely, but I'm still waiting for my first shower of the day. I wasn't expecting to see anything until later in the day, so there's plenty of time for something to happen.

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
Posted · Hidden by Craigers, June 11, 2011 - No reason given
Hidden by Craigers, June 11, 2011 - No reason given

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DYtk6apwzc?version=3"><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DYtk6apwzc?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DYtk6apwzc?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Enjoy :)

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Very dark to my south east, looks like a mini cell :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

thunder and lightning here

thunder seems to be getting louder

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Very quiet here no rain just nasty looking clouds. I think thats how the day is going to be

Posted

will not load my bit of video and not time to do it via Youtube

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Well looking at the NW Radar, there is very little to the west and, going by the time of the day, I reckon that's our lot for today.

I am amazed that I haven't heard any thunder this week, working in Doncaster and living in Beverley. Usually do very well here in most situations except a flow directly off the N Sea. Looking at the radar yesterday afternoon you would not believe that here could have avoided the thunder but it did.

Oh well, nothing to complain about really, I do very well here compared to when I lived in Wales and Scotland.

Guest Kent-Weather

thunder and lightning here

thunder seems to be getting louder

Quite a few reports of thunder/lightning and heavy rain around S/E'rn parts of Kent

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Thundery shower south of Coventry just now.

Posted

36% chance of thunderstorm with quite good cape from 13.00 onwards here but nothing happening

Edited by paul m

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

That cell over Canterbury looks pretty active.

it isn't yet....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Just had a nice thundery downpour here, fairly active in terms of electrics and dropped quite a bit of large hail too.

Posted

What a load of @@@@ today has been

Posted

Dad reports torrential shower in Rugby from a line running SW to Stratford, not electrified now though.

Posted

What a load of @@@@ today has been

Comments like that really get on my nerves, you add nothing to the discussion. If you look at the radar and especially the

accumulated rainfall for today you'll see that 90% of the UK has been dry with a large area of heavy rain the the NE and very

scattered showers elsewhere. And even where these showers have formed they only have lasted a short while before dying out.

There was never any forecast for widespread showers today, yet some people seem to think they have a divine right to get the

action right over their location. The downpours are so localised - an example here being sporadic hailstones and a few raindrops

at my house yet 500 yards along the road large puddles where the cloud downpoured at around 15.30 : a downpour that lasted less than

half an hour in life according to the radar and moved less than 10 miles in that time!

Right now a stunning skyscape with large banks TCu to the East and a definite shower to the West with plenty of blue sky too, the radar

shows that shower heading slowly towards Warminster but it most certainly won't keep the current intensity, it will either get

stronger or weaken.

Posted

Comments like that really get on my nerves, you add nothing to the discussion. If you look at the radar and especially the

accumulated rainfall for today you'll see that 90% of the UK has been dry with a large area of heavy rain the the NE and very

scattered showers elsewhere. And even where these showers have formed they only have lasted a short while before dying out.

There was never any forecast for widespread showers today, yet some people seem to think they have a divine right to get the

action right over their location. The downpours are so localised - an example here being sporadic hailstones and a few raindrops

at my house yet 500 yards along the road large puddles where the cloud downpoured at around 15.30 : a downpour that lasted less than

half an hour in life according to the radar and moved less than 10 miles in that time!

Right now a stunning skyscape with large banks TCu to the East and a definite shower to the West with plenty of blue sky too, the radar

shows that shower heading slowly towards Warminster but it most certainly won't keep the current intensity, it will either get

stronger or weaken.

I am entitled to my opinion as is everyone else. And just for you information i did not expect a storm right over my house..

Edited by paul m

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Thunderstorm rumbling away around every 30 seconds just to my west - seen some IC lightning - just about to get clobbered B)

Posted

A couple of rumbles of thunder and dark clouds approaching here.whistling.gif

Guest Kent-Weather

Thunderstorm rumbling away around every 30 seconds just to my west - seen some IC lightning - just about to get clobbered B)

Clearly seen on netwx radar too. Looking very decent too. Expecting pics from it :)