Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

When Did You Record Your Highest Temperature So Far This Year?

Something pretty odd about the highest temperatures recorded so far in the UK: quite a few places seem to have recorded their warmest afternoon in april, even though we are now mid june!

For example, Pershore saw a max of 24.9 in april, against 23.9 in may and just 24.5 in June. London saw a max of 27.4 in April, just above June's 27.0 max temp so far.

Has anyone observed the same thing in his own area?

Posted

In the Derbyshire Peak District:

We reached 22.6°C on 03/06. This is the highest so far this year. In April, we had a max of 21.8°C.

Edited by EaasmanG

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

26c twice earlier this month, only 24c in April.

Posted

27.8C was recorded on the 23rd April, the highest so far in June has been 24.8C on 3rd June.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

April 23rd had a max' of 23.0c here. 21.0c on the 2nd of June is the highest so far this month.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

27.2C Twice, First on 21st April, then again on the 4th June.

Posted

April 23rd had a max' of 23.0c here. 21.0c on the 2nd of June is the highest so far this month.

I'm guessing you live in the NE part of the Derbys peak district not far from the Yorkshire border.

Where I live is near the cheshire border. The differences in temperature can be quite large over a small area in the Peaks due to the topographical effects.

We did barely even reach 20°C on April 23rd because of an advancing cold front which arrived that day and caused a sudden temperature drop and cloud over the western peaks. So our April max of 21.8°C was on the 22nd.

Edited by EaasmanG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Cleadon reached 20.7 during April, I don't have the records for June "to hand" yet but I imagine the 2nd and 3rd will have exceeded that value.

Conversely I think Norwich's high so far has been 26C during April with 24C during May and 23C during June.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Edit: sorry I meant on the 24th april, not 21st for 27.2C!

Posted

It was 24.0C on the 23rd April here (a new record). The highest maxima in May and June were 21.8C and 22.5C (so far).

Its not particularly unusual for annual maxima to be recorded outside of summer in one or two places. That was the case last year for many aswell, with that heatwave in the last week of May.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

I'm guessing you live in the NE part of the Derbys peak district not far from the Yorkshire border.

Where I live is near the cheshire border. The differences in temperature can be quite large over a small area in the Peaks due to the topographical effects.

We did barely even reach 20°C on April 23rd because of an advancing cold front which arrived that day and caused a sudden temperature drop and cloud over the western peaks. So our April max of 21.8°C was on the 22nd.

I'm at the southernmost end of the Peak District, about 5 miles from Matlock. You're certainly right about large differences in a small area, it applies to rainfall too.

There was a noticeable increase in temperature and sunshine on April 23rd from west to east. Buxton reached only 20.1c, 2.9c lower than here,and with just 8.2 hrs of sunshine whereas I recorded 23.0c and 11.6 hrs of sunshine.

Buxton's warmest day was also the 22nd with a max' of 21.2c, here it was 20.7c.

Posted

My highest max was 25.4C which was recorded on the 23rd April.

Posted
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.

Highest max so far, 26.6C on 3rd June.

Runner up, 22.3C on 21st April.

3 days in April with max 20C or over.

None in May

4 days in June so far 20C or over.

Veg garden sulking.

Posted

Highest here was 26.4C on the 3rd June. April reached 23.8C on the 20th and Mays highest was 19.9C, and excluding that just 18.3C.

I'm beginning to wonder, is this going to be the highest this year yet again? :closedeyes:

8 days above 20C in April and 3 since then.

Edited by Stormmad26

Highest here was 26.4C on the 3rd June. April reached 23.8C on the 20th and Mays highest was 19.9C, and excluding that just 18.3C.

I'm beginning to wonder, is this going to be the highest this year yet again? :closedeyes:

8 days above 20C in April and 3 since then.

Since april was also much sunnier and drier than both may and june, april has definitely felt like the best month in terms of hot and summery weather. Endless bright days, max temps from 18 to 25 all over the country on many occasions, very little wind, no fronts, extremely little rain. Exactly what you'd expect from a month of June...

Only the weather has never been so bad in June since at least a decade. Funny how things can change so quickly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Ill have to check for sure, but 27.-C in early June, and 26.- in April.

Posted

I think our warmest day so far is the 3rd June - 24 degrees, or possibly even 25 degrees - I can't remember, we came close to these values on the 22nd April may just have scraped 24 degrees that day.. either way it is a toss up between these dates.

However, most days this month have been at or below the average max of 17 degrees.

Edited by damianslaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Highest value at Cleadon was 22.1C on the 2nd June, thus beating the 20.7C on the 23rd April.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

19.1c was the highest up here in early April. The 3rd of June saw 24.9c so a good bit warmer than any April temp. April overall though may have been warmer for average day maxes. Today for example saw a max of 13c and several other June days have been a good bit lower than that, one or two only just scraping up to 10c.

Edited by Norrance