IGNORED

Winter 2011/12 - General Discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006
Posted · Hidden by Radiating Dendrite, November 11, 2011 - No reason given
Hidden by Radiating Dendrite, November 11, 2011 - No reason given

Matt Hugo has posted this on TWO,

Every seems to going into place for a mild winter.

:good: :good:

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Matt Hugo has posted this on TWO,

Every seems to going into place for a mild winter.

:good: :good:

I suppose if we are honest with ourselves. We have had a very mild and sometimes hot Sept/Oct and now November! The recent history tells it's own story. As we move into winter now the pattern seems to be established. I am just worried about the Ski centres this year. I have never known no snow on the mountain tops for the whole of November!

Posted

I suppose if we are honest with ourselves. We have had a very mild and sometimes hot Sept/Oct and now November! The recent history tells it's own story. As we move into winter now the pattern seems to be established. I am just worried about the Ski centres this year. I have never known no snow on the mountain tops for the whole of November!

I've known them to be completely bare of snow in January.

This is not a dig at you November, but there really are some idiotic post made on here regarding how such a model is showing this so winter will be mild or cold. The ECM seasonal charts were hopeless last winter, CFS charts might as well be binned as they show a different outcome every few weeks, and the Met Office ones due out on Monday will be no better than the other two ,due to their awful track record at producing LRF. Now where's my seaweed and pine cones.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

I've got 5 1/2 tons of firewood arriving this afternoon. It bloomin' well better be a cold winter now as it needs to be gone by spring!

Edited by Azores Hi

Posted

I guess us coldies we must try and look on the bright side. Less money spent on heating bills this side of Christmas, means a bit more money to enjoy that festive occasion!! :drinks:

Posted

This is not a dig at you November, but there really are some idiotic post made on here regarding how such a model is showing this so winter will be mild or cold. The ECM seasonal charts were hopeless last winter, CFS charts might as well be binned as they show a different outcome every few weeks, and the Met Office ones due out on Monday will be no better than the other two ,due to their awful track record at producing LRF. Now where's my seaweed and pine cones.

I have known them to be bare at various times throughout the winter. However that is interspersed with snow that melts not just no snow for November at all. The way it is looking this will be the case.

Posted

This will please the cold fans.

About time :good:, that suggests to me we will see a more mobile Atlantic.

Posted

The ECM update seems to be going along the same lines as the CFS!

Mild it is then... :-(

Karyo

Edited by karyo

Posted

The ECM update seems to be going along the same lines as the CFS!

Mild it is then... :-(

Karyo

Nothing to do with the thread. I am off to Manchester tomorrow never been before. Is there anything I should definately see? p.s I am a big Smiths Fan!

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

How about there correct calls in winter 05, winter 06, winter 07, winter 08. Or their correct calls in summer 05, summer 06.

Posted

Nothing to do with the thread. I am off to Manchester tomorrow never been before. Is there anything I should definately see? p.s I am a big Smiths Fan!

Go to the Manchester Gallery. It is free to get in and always worth a visit. Maybe get on the Manchester wheel for a panoramic view of the city.

Clubbing is good on a Sat night :-)

I'd guide you around the city but I am flying to the Canaries tomorrow.

Just don't expect the weather to provide anything worthwhile...

Karyo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

This will please the cold fans.

A spell of cold zonality -according to that then.

Posted

Go to the Manchester Gallery. It is free to get in and always worth a visit. Maybe get on the Manchester wheel for a panoramic view of the city.

Clubbing is good on a Sat night :-)

I'd guide you around the city but I am flying to the Canaries tomorrow.

Just don't expect the weather to provide anything worthwhile...

Karyo

Thanks yeh thought the weather was going to be wet.

Probably do the gallery and we are going for cocktails at Mojo. Indie/rock cocktail bar should be a laugh!

Edited by November13

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

its FAR too early for anyone to get down and prozack feeling . hang on in there , the magical SNOW , STREAMERS , RUNNERS , SUB ZERO TEMP ,DREAM SYNOPTICS , WEATHER WARNINGS , LAMP POST WATCHING ,, STICKING YOURE HAND OUT THE BACK DOOR , WITH YOURE EYES CLOSED TO FEEL A SNOW FLAKE FALLING , WATCHING THE RADAR ,ETC ETC WILL SOON BE WITH US , .MOTHER NATURE IS CURRENTLY WORKING WAY UP IN THE ATMOSPHERE WITH THE HELP OF THAT HUGE STAR , WHEN WE GET MORE DATA ON THE UPPER ATMOSPHERE IM SURE THAT WITH EVEN MORE ADVANCED COMPUTERS AND SCIENCE WE WILL BE ALOT NEARER TO ACCURATE LONG RANGE FORECASTS ,,BUT WILL WE LIKE WHAT THEY FORECAST . HOW SAD IS IT FOR A YOUNG TEENAGER TO STAY UP TILL MIDNIGHT 33 .TO LISTEN TO THE WEATHER AND SHIPPING FORECAST ,WE HAD NO TELLY , THANK GOD I GOT INTO COMPUTERS 2 YRS AGO ,THERE ,S BEEN SOME GOOD WEATHER EVENTS IN THE NORTHERN HEM RECENTLY IM SURE OUR TURN WILL COME , I SPENT THE 9/22 OCT TOURING SCOTLAND WITH MY WIFE ,WE HAD A REAL MIXTURE OF WEATHER, ONE DAY LOOKING OVER TO SKY ,YOU COULD HAVE THOUGHT YOU WERE IN GREECE ,VERY WARM BLUE SKY MAGICAL ,THE FOLLOWING DAY ON SKY ,TYPICAL AUTUMN . 5DAYS LATER TRAVELLING FROM THURSO TO PERTH WE TRAVELLED THROUGH WET SNOW ,BUT THEN RAIN AS WE DROPPED ALTITUDE / CAR NOT PLANE ,IM PRETTY CONFIDENT OF SOME COLD SHOTS THIS WINTER ,.COULD SOMEONE HELP ME OUT , MY COMPUTER IS OLD AND SLOW AND I KEEP LOSING DATA ,COULD YOU TELL ME THE SITE I THINK ITS GERMAN OR FRENCH THAT SHOWS OLD CHARTS GOING BACK YONKS CHEERS FELLOW MEMBERS , :help::good::clapping:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

my god thats a lot of CAPS!!.

recent runs looking a little more interesting.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Thunderstorms, Snow

its FAR too early for anyone to get down and prozack feeling . hang on in there , the magical SNOW , STREAMERS , RUNNERS , SUB ZERO TEMP ,DREAM SYNOPTICS , WEATHER WARNINGS , LAMP POST WATCHING ,, STICKING YOURE HAND OUT THE BACK DOOR , WITH YOURE EYES CLOSED TO FEEL A SNOW FLAKE FALLING , WATCHING THE RADAR ,ETC ETC WILL SOON BE WITH US , .MOTHER NATURE IS CURRENTLY WORKING WAY UP IN THE ATMOSPHERE WITH THE HELP OF THAT HUGE STAR , WHEN WE GET MORE DATA ON THE UPPER ATMOSPHERE IM SURE THAT WITH EVEN MORE ADVANCED COMPUTERS AND SCIENCE WE WILL BE ALOT NEARER TO ACCURATE LONG RANGE FORECASTS ,,BUT WILL WE LIKE WHAT THEY FORECAST . HOW SAD IS IT FOR A YOUNG TEENAGER TO STAY UP TILL MIDNIGHT 33 .TO LISTEN TO THE WEATHER AND SHIPPING FORECAST ,WE HAD NO TELLY , THANK GOD I GOT INTO COMPUTERS 2 YRS AGO ,THERE ,S BEEN SOME GOOD WEATHER EVENTS IN THE NORTHERN HEM RECENTLY IM SURE OUR TURN WILL COME , I SPENT THE 9/22 OCT TOURING SCOTLAND WITH MY WIFE ,WE HAD A REAL MIXTURE OF WEATHER, ONE DAY LOOKING OVER TO SKY ,YOU COULD HAVE THOUGHT YOU WERE IN GREECE ,VERY WARM BLUE SKY MAGICAL ,THE FOLLOWING DAY ON SKY ,TYPICAL AUTUMN . 5DAYS LATER TRAVELLING FROM THURSO TO PERTH WE TRAVELLED THROUGH WET SNOW ,BUT THEN RAIN AS WE DROPPED ALTITUDE / CAR NOT PLANE ,IM PRETTY CONFIDENT OF SOME COLD SHOTS THIS WINTER ,.COULD SOMEONE HELP ME OUT , MY COMPUTER IS OLD AND SLOW AND I KEEP LOSING DATA ,COULD YOU TELL ME THE SITE I THINK ITS GERMAN OR FRENCH THAT SHOWS OLD CHARTS GOING BACK YONKS CHEERS FELLOW MEMBERS , :help::good::clapping:

You will want WETTERZENTRALE OR METEOCIEL

on wetter you need to go topkarten then kartenarchiv

not sure about meteociel but historic charts are on there somewhere!

Posted

HOPE I AM REPLYING RIGHT , THANK YOU paceyboy for that information , regards legritter ,.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Meteociel Archive charts, back to 1871!

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/archives/archives.php

John Hammond was just on Autumn watch, mentioning how mild it is and discussing about migrating birds not arriving due to above average temps over parts of Northern Europe - Norway, Finland and Sweden for example.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold.

The 12Z run was very interesting. We just need a few things to go our way and Europe could be plunged into the freezer!

Keeping my fingers crossed. :good:

Posted

The 12Z run was very interesting. We just need a few things to go our way and Europe could be plunged into the freezer!

Keeping my fingers crossed. :good:

Sounds so simple . :D Unfortunately the rate it is going i don't think we will see any proper cold until December.

Edited by No balls like Snow Balls

Posted

thanks LIAM J , I AM GOING TO HAVE A GOOD LOOK AT THOSE CHARTS .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Some not such exciting news for cold fans... the squirrels are not doing acrobatics yet, squirell_Paul_Leuty_(o).JPGlast year they where running wild and collecting nuts like mad..as if they knew something was coming-it was!

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

I haven't seen any squirrels at all this year

Posted

I'm personally still quite optimistic of at least one winter month of below average temperatures. The way things stand we’re heading for a 3rd consecutive month of well above average temperatures. IMO it will be highly unlikely to continue this trend through Dec, Jan & Feb. Nature does have a way of balancing longer term averages. As many have suggested, it looks likely the below average temperatures are more likely to occur later this winter so we have plenty of time left. A repeat of last years early onset winter was always hugely unlikely.