Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Rainfall Stats For Nov 2011 So Far

damianslaw

Posted

Near the half way point of what is traditionally one or our wettest months and I have to say it has felt like a very dry one so far. I don't have the stats would be interested to compare regional rainfall figures for the month so far. I suspect some spots in the sw and wales will have seen a good dose, but many eastern parts will be recording significant montly rainfall deficiencies.

With a dry set up for the foreseeable future - this could turn into a notably dry November provided the atlantic doesn't roar into gear..

If I was to describe the first half of November 2011 I would say exceptionally mild and a snoozefest.. forgettable..

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

46mm in this part of Wales so far, which is slightly below average.

I would say that the first half of November has proved of interest due to the mildness, the one off severe -5.5c frost we had last week, and the exceptional warmth of today 17c, which has not been equalled this late in the year for many years I think.

Edited by Tonyh

Posted

We've only had 7.6mm here so far. The 1971-2000 average for November as a whole is 57.2mm. It'll be a tall order to get there.

Ive had only 61.8mm this Autumn so far, so unless anything changes it will be the driest by a long way.

Rainfall for the year so far is 306.6mm, or 52% of the annual average - and time is running out for it to make up the deficit.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

So far here 17.8mm of rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

14.7 mm

Looking like this will be the second year running below 500 mm's.

Edited by Aaron

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

42.9 mm here which is a little below average for this stage in the month. The 30 year average for the whole month is 106.3 mm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Absolutely anything extreme or unusual

51.4mm here as of today; that's about 60% of our long term average, but we remain around 270mm short on where we should be against the long term annual average figure.

Posted

31mm so far Coventry, about average

http://bws.users.netlink.co.uk/

24mm at my parents in Rugby, Warwickshire, close to average.

Edited by Tonyh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

My stats for Cleadon are similar to Reef's, 15mm so far this November and 78mm so far this autumn, though it's certain to be less dry than Autumn 2007.

November 2007 was by far the wettest of the three autumn months of 2007, so following the exceptionally wet Novembers of 2009 and 2010, "driest since 2004" is looking possible.

Although some have had a fair amount of sunshine so far this month, they are the exceptions rather than the rule, with Philip Eden's stats for 1st-12th November giving 63% of normal rainfall over England and Wales (dry, though not exceptionally so) and 47% of normal sunshine (this is rather more noteworthy).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Only 13mm in Darlington the 2 wettest days this month so far delivered 4mm of Rain (2nd and 4th).

Autumn totals so far 78mm

Edited by Gavin D

Posted

logged a record rain rate @ 04.20 12/11/11 42.3mm/hr :shok:

now topped the 1 metre of rain this year

Summary for November 2011

Rainfall (mm):

Total for month 21.3

Wettest day 7.5 day 09

High rain rate 43.2 day 12

Rain days 9

Summary for 2011

Rainfall (mm):

Total for year 1013.7

Wettest day 47.7 day 17/06

High rain rate 43.2 day 07/05

Rain days 195

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

November is already wetter than October's total. 55.0mm so far this month. Still running below average rainfall wise for the year however.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

27 mm so far despite having rain every single day this month so far. So we're still heading for the driest year ever recorded here.

Posted

13.4mm here - just 35% of average to this point.

Dry is however the last word I'd think of to describe this month. The air has been damp and the ground saturated due to almost constant drizzle over the past week (Saturday excepted). 9 out of 14 days with measurable rain.

October was similar with a low rain total and high rain days ( 59.2mm or 71% of average falling on 23 days - 5 more than average).

Autumn 2008 was the driest I have recorded with 132.4mm. Total this year has been 131.2mm so will easily beat that.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Its still very dry here this November with only 8.8mm of precipitation so far. 1.4mm of that is from heavy dews aswell.

In fact we've only had 16.2mm since 12th October and only four days have had more than 1.0mm in that time (one of which was this month).

Posted

20.8mm so far, but almost half of that came on the 3rd and 4th of the month.

Posted

Just over 43mm so far this month. Doing a lot better than some places, but still need lots more rain!

Posted

Just 25mm here approx 20% of the average. Rainfall for rest of the month should push it up nearer 50%.

GFS 12z for rest the month has very little rainfall for those parts of country that need it the most.

Yes its been a notably dry November for many so far especially southern and eastern parts. Here in the Lake District is has been dry and when rain has fallen it has been unusually light for the time of year. All change now any rain that does fall from now on will be of the heavy type thanks to an invigorated jet.. but the month end figure will still be below average.

Its been a preety dry autumn in the main and a very dry year it has to be said. Typical our most unsettled conditions fell in the summer.