Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion Thread

Posted

Super duper!!! Thanks SnowTornado!!!!! I'm gonna hang around on here for a bit, have a look at charts etc and try and get myself back into the weather stuff!!!! I tend to leave it along during summer (unless there is a mega heatwave or mega thunder storm on its way!!!) and then I come back in winter, all prepared with my lampost outside my window!!!!

Really hope we get some on Friday though! I'm off work this week, and to boot, I have a new puppy who has NEVER seen snow and who I know will LOVE it!!!! yey!!!!!!!!

Posted

At least I have a bit of height on my side (just over 400 feet) that should help with the snow.

By the way, if hypothetically we do get this snow, how long may it lie for?

I've been mooching around all the models and am reasonably sure that it could survive until monday if we were to get around 5-6"?

Posted

post-6740-0-88961400-1323894886_thumb.jp

Not to bad of a forecast, goes into some detail

post-6740-0-58482100-1323894899_thumb.jp

A poor forecast, barely dares to mention friday in any kind of detail

Posted

funny you should say that having grew up in the shadow of bardon hill i can never recall there being snow up there, while no snow at lower levels. surprising really at nearly a 1000ft asl.if there was snow up there, then it had also snowed at lower levels.is this due to the rarity of marginal events in the area?? i'm trying to stay calm and not get too excited......but it is looking quite good for friday morning :good:

Posted

I posted a little and lurked a lot during last winter and like beccaboo above I've begun lurking again over the past couple of weeks. I have to say I really enjoy reading the posts on this forum. I'm not terribly knowledgeable about the weather myself but I do find myself picking things up and learning from the contributions of others.

This time last year I was at university in Coventry and was desperate for a bit (well, a lot!) of snow. I'm excited at the prospect this year but now I've started work there's a part of me that dreads what may be to come! On Friday morning I'll be travelling from Earl Shilton to Leicester along he A47, followed by Leicester to Coventry on the M69 (learning to drive would be an excellent idea). If some of the posts on here are to be believed it could be a painful journey! At least some nice white views over the Leicestershire and North Warwickshire countryside may act to dull the pain a little.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

post-6740-0-88961400-1323894886_thumb.jp

Not to bad of a forecast, goes into some detail

post-6740-0-58482100-1323894899_thumb.jp

A poor forecast, barely dares to mention friday in any kind of detail

When's 2nd chart for? friday day? if so looks promising, looks like a cheshire gap thing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

You aint that far from the Northants border are you stew?

Nope, I never knew till today 'The midlands' is not legally define and will mean different things to different people (see model thread)

Finding out whats going on in Portsmouth is fairly boring re south east today

Im a south Midlander perhaps a freedom fighter (use to live much further south so wasn't an issue) :acute:

I'm also on the right side of M4 for snow.

http://en.wikipedia..../South_Midlands

I tend to post in SE thread but...

Edited by stewfox

Posted

When's 2nd chart for? friday day? if so looks promising, looks like a cheshire gap thing

yea its friday

Posted

I posted a little and lurked a lot during last winter and like beccaboo above I've begun lurking again over the past couple of weeks. I have to say I really enjoy reading the posts on this forum. I'm not terribly knowledgeable about the weather myself but I do find myself picking things up and learning from the contributions of others.

This time last year I was at university in Coventry and was desperate for a bit (well, a lot!) of snow. I'm excited at the prospect this year but now I've started work there's a part of me that dreads what may be to come! On Friday morning I'll be travelling from Earl Shilton to Leicester along he A47, followed by Leicester to Coventry on the M69 (learning to drive would be an excellent idea). If some of the posts on here are to be believed it could be a painful journey! At least some nice white views over the Leicestershire and North Warwickshire countryside may act to dull the pain a little.

Hello fellow lurker!!!!

I learnt quite a bit on here last year, and, as such, people at work nearly started to rely ion me for forecasts!!!! whoop!!! I even predicted a warm spell this summer for a whole week (shocking!) But I much prefer winter and the snow!!!!

I can empathise with you about travelling though, even if I was working on Friday it is so close to home I could walk or get the bus! A couple of years back when it was bad though, I was working in Loughborough, got the bus - very pretty views through leicestershire, But it took 3 hrs to get to work and then the buses were taken off the roads! eek!!!! managed to get home though !!!!!

Looking forward to friday if all of this comes off though!!!! My new pup George will love it , and hes so little it will be soooooo funny to see his face light up!!!!!!

Posted

Nope, I never knew till today 'The midlands' is not legally define and will mean different things to different people (see model thread)

Im a south Midlander perhaps a freedom fighter (use to live much further south so wasn't an issue) :acute:

Yep i know what you mean.. Northants is in the East Mids officially, but that link you provided puts us in the South Mids too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Looking at your location i'd say you could post in Central-Southern, South Eastern or Midlands!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

ok Folks, with the latest model outputs due to arrive shortly, a new fresh, squeaky clean thread to chat away to your hearts content :smiliz19:

-------------> http://forum.netweat...cussion-part-2/

Locking this thread in the next few minutes