Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

As usual Andy!

Another year, another rollercoaster... I get sucked in each time though.

Anyway, very windy here today, I've been out this morning and there is a lot of debris on the roads, I imagine it is awful in the North! Colder later and the outside chance of a wintry shower tomorrow I think but mainly for the north of the region as usual.

But an interesting few days of weather ahead, better than the dross we've had recently even if we see no snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

As usual Andy!

Another year, another rollercoaster... I get sucked in each time though.

Anyway, very windy here today, I've been out this morning and there is a lot of debris on the roads, I imagine it is awful in the North! Colder later and the outside chance of a wintry shower tomorrow I think but mainly for the north of the region as usual.

But an interesting few days of weather ahead, better than the dross we've had recently even if we see no snow!

The BBC forecasts aren't really going for anything of note outside of Scotland tomorrow. The latest forecast didn't even mention snow for anywhere in England, or even anything wintry, just a band of showers tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WHITE GOLD

The BBC forecasts aren't really going for anything of note outside of Scotland tomorrow. The latest forecast didn't even mention snow for anywhere in England, or even anything wintry, just a band of showers tomorrow.

Yes i cant see us guys here getting anything for sum time yet looking at the models. Them gusts are Strong just been out, anyone know then they will be at there strongest ?

Posted

Just had a look at the latet sat' picture and the eye of the storm is still around 70-100 miles off the northwest coast of Scotland.

The winds in the majority of storm are at their strongest off the southwestern side of the eye, so I'd say the wort wind will be within the next 4 hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

ITS MY BIRTHDAY TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

as usual I want SNOW, and now dammit!!! But I will settle for a squally wind storm!!! Hurricane Crimson sounds nice!! :D Its a bit breezy outside but not as windy as yesterday so far.. deffo no 35 mph gusts here... I do hope we get some violent winds. I wanna see branches and debris everywhere. (of course no one getting hurt though too)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

I wouldn't expect any weather warnings - I never saw anything in the charts that suggested snow would fall to a level that would be disruptive - ie warrant a warning, so was surprised it was ever mentioned on the metoffice website really.

BUT that doesn't mean that there won't be any wintriness in the next few days. The weather is very volatile at the moment so still a chance of something wintry and interesting, just not disruptive or significant?

But the wind today in itself is interesting isn't it? I abhor mild and murky sh ite so warm and windy followed by a quickish temp drop makes life more fun!

Edited by Serendipity

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

ITS MY BIRTHDAY TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

as usual I want SNOW, and now dammit!!! But I will settle for a squally wind storm!!! Hurricane Crimson sounds nice!! :D Its a bit breezy outside but not as windy as yesterday so far.. deffo no 35 mph gusts here... I do hope we get some violent winds. I wanna see branches and debris everywhere. (of course no one getting hurt though too)

Happy Birthday Crimson!

I do hope you're going to do one of your snow dances when you're out celebrating later - see if you can get the heavens lining up right for us Midlanders over the next couple of weeks!

Fizz :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Happy Birthday Crimson!

I do hope you're going to do one of your snow dances when you're out celebrating later - see if you can get the heavens lining up right for us Midlanders over the next couple of weeks!

Fizz :)

Thanks Fizz!!!! I am already getting the luau together,

812795_d72b_625x1000.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Thanks Fizz!!!! I am already getting the luau together,

812795_d72b_625x1000.jpg

Lol :)

Posted

There's a good looking gust front at Stoke-on-Trent atm, looks like the worst of the winds for our region will be linked up with this front.

The winds behind this front will be gusting up to between 50-60 mph for the region, maybe more for the moors and Peak.

Looks like the gust front will be at Birmingham within an hour, so battern down your hatches and ready your cameras!

Rememeber, we don't get that many gales in the Midlands so there could be alot of loose tiles and garden fences going flying, so stay safe!!

Here's a link to the rainfall radar.

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

There's a good looking gust front at Stoke-on-Trent atm, looks like the worst of the winds for our region will be linked up with this front.

The winds behind this front will be gusting up to between 50-60 mph for the region, maybe more for the moors and Peak.

Looks like the gust front will be at Birmingham within an hour, so battern down your hatches and ready your cameras!

Rememeber, we don't get that many gales in the Midlands so there could be alot of loose tiles and garden fences going flying, so stay safe!!

Here's a link to the rainfall radar.

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Had a gust of 71 mph here in the last half hour. The cold front is a few miles to the north but appears to be most active towards Sheffield/Chesterfield, at least with regard to the intensity of rainfall.

Posted

its coming closer!!!!!!! Looks like just south of chesterfield is getting the front now. I wanna see my wheelie bins go into orbit! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Had a gust of 71 mph here in the last half hour. The cold front is a few miles to the north but appears to be most active towards Sheffield/Chesterfield, at least with regard to the intensity of rainfall.

That is correct i live in Dronfield between Sheffield and Chesterfield and i would describe that squall like something you would see on raging planet it was unreal i opened the door to be met with incredible winds blowing water all over the place the rain was blowing at all angles and trees looked very unsteady in such strong winds i wish i would have got the whole squall on camera i only managed to get the back end of it! there sleet mixed in aswell the tempreture has dropped like a stone and the air feels decidely chilly now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Strewth!...horizontal torrential rain, howling winds, and a smashed glass panel on the back door...Welcome home from xmas shopping AJ! :wacko:

Posted

That is correct i live in Dronfield between Sheffield and Chesterfield and i would describe that squall like something you would see on raging planet it was unreal i opened the door to be met with incredible winds blowing water all over the place the rain was blowing at all angles and trees looked very unsteady in such strong winds i wish i would have got the whole squall on camera i only managed to get the back end of it! there sleet mixed in aswell the tempreture has dropped like a stone and the air feels decidely chilly now.

Got my camera ready and fully charged, it's almost here, can see a line of very dark cloud approaching from the northwest!!!! *exciting* :yahoo:

Posted

+inserts jaws theme tune+

post-8050-0-59051000-1323356150_thumb.jp

Posted

+inserts jaws theme tune+

let us know how it was as it passed? good luck! :) Edited by cyclonic happiness

Posted

HERE IT COMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIGHT- it was o-k- not that windy really. It was squally a bit and looking at the road you could see the curtains of rain sweeping across, but looking at the trees they were like +slight sway+ so no wind really. Saying all that I wouldnt have wanted to be outside in it! It looked very soaking if you know what I mean. I hope it gets really windy soon :sorry: So far I think we have had gusts of 25mph but nothing to speak of really. Maybe I live in a really sheltered part of the town (?) stupid-boring-weather :angry: