Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Well finally a few flakes of snow falleth on Solihull - and I mean a few - but hey, it's a start!

Fizz :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Well finally a few flakes of snow falleth on Solihull - and I mean a few - but hey, it's a start!

It's snowing fizzy chops?? Well, I really don't mean to blow my own trumpet when I say this but I did say yesterday that some areas of the Midlands would see sleet or wet snow today, i'm glad you have a few flakes at least. Looks like quite a lot of other areas will see rain though unfortunately, temps are a tad high at 5-6c across some parts of the Midlands.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Fab news! Clouded overe here now but temps and dps still too high for any snow. No rain yet though thankfully!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

That's what I like to see Fizz, some optimism!....lots of nice big Cb's around today as I thought there would be, a few posters should be hanging there heads in shame! :lol:

It's snowing fizzy chops?? Well, I really don't mean to blow my own trumpet when I say this but I did say yesterday that some areas of the Midlands would see sleet or wet snow today, i'm glad you have a few flakes at least. Looks like quite a lot of other areas will see rain though unfortunately, temps are a tad high at 5-6c across some parts of the Midlands.

You and many others, enough to start an orchestra!

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Temp 1.5c

Wind Chill -3.7c

Dew point -8.9c

14mph N/W wind gusting to 43mph.

Blustery snow showers most of the morning.

Posted

Lol - forgotten you called me that last year!!

Well, that little snow shower was short and sweet. I counted about 50 flakes!

But never mind, beggars can't be choosers and all that.....

Posted

Had a couple of showers here this morning, both of rain, not even a hint of wintryness to them.

Posted

Oh, Oh....

I wonder what height you are fizzychops? Because you must be at least 150-200m ASL to have snow at the moment, seems like low ground is getting just rain or sleet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

If anyone is travelling through the higher routes of derbyshire be very careful there's snow on the roads and conditions are pretty bad in the showers.

Posted

I wonder what height you are fizzychops? Because you must be at least 150-200m ASL to have snow at the moment, seems like low ground is getting just rain or sleet.

I'll have to look it up and put it on my profile. I had it on last winter, but had to set up a new account because I forgot my login ( D'oh!).

Anyhow, it's raining now (predictably), so I'm off for a lie down after all that excitement!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Quite a pokey shower passing just to my north, can see snow/hail falling from it, quite a strong cell on radar

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

A fairly intense shower approaching here from the West. Should hit in about 15 mintues, or so. Feeling excited. Clouds have a heavy yellowish look to them, meaning it's probably falling as hail sleet or snow. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Just got back from Grindleford where there was nothing but a tiny bit of slush currently we have heavy snow here in Dronfield and its starting to stick which is very much a suprise :rofl:

Posted

There's certainly a lot more shower activity across the Midlands than the models predicted yesterday, I suspected that there would be because of the trough that the Met O FAX chart was showing and the nature of the Cheshire gap effect. It's a shame these showers weren't arriving about 4 hours later after dark, it would be colder and there would be more wintryness in them than there currently is. I think the only snow in these showers is above 200m and on low ground it's rain and sleet.

Posted

totally agree - plus now they are coming from the nw like a proper cheshire gap flow but i suspect will start to die out as the afternoon progresses.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

After a few snow showers early this morning it's been dry with long sunny periods here and almost all the thin snow cover has thawed. As if to drive me demented there's been a constant stream of snow showers just a few miles to my north ( in fact I can see falling snow about 4 miles away ) and the hills almost within spitting distance are all white.

If this continues for much longer I will need medical attention.

Posted

After a few snow showers early this morning it's been dry with long sunny periods here and almost all the thin snow cover has thawed. As if to drive me demented there's been a constant stream of snow showers just a few miles to my north ( in fact I can see falling snow about 4 miles away ) and the hills almost within spitting distance are all white.

If this continues for much longer I will need medical attention.

That is seriously frustrating - if I were you I'd jump in the car (unless you're at work of course in which case it might be wise to remain there!). At least down here nobody has snow so I don't feel left out!

Posted

Just had a nice snailâ„¢ shower here leaving an unexpected covering, not bad for only 100m asl

post-4149-0-20739700-1323439431_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Just had a nice snailâ„¢ shower here leaving an unexpected covering, not bad for only 100m asl

:drunk: looks good AJ. Nowt here as usual, showers seem to be pushing across the Midlands and further north of here also- nothing inbetween, here though as usual

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Love the way you trade marked that name :rofl:

Edited by Backtrack