Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Some very strong gusts here a while ago that have eased now with some squally heavy rain. Twigs and branches fallen in many places.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Got my camera ready and fully charged, it's almost here, can see a line of very dark cloud approaching from the northwest!!!! *exciting* :yahoo:

If it's anything like we experienced here you are in for an absolute treat :good:

Posted

Tree just fallen down in our car park here in Oldbury, really strong gusts about 30 mins ago is that it or more to come now that the squall line has passed?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Right over me at the moment and the rain is incredibly heavy, torrential.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Some rather heavy rain just passed here, although not too much in the way of wind. There's was one point where there was a very dark area of cloud passing overhead (and I even thought it was gonna thunder, lol), which unleashed quite a downpour. Was almost gonna get the popcorn out by the window to watch the heavy squally rain. Since we didn't have anyway, I decided to munch on some after dinner mints instead, he hee. :D

Edited by Rainbow Snow

Posted

A good squall all in all, wasn't the best I've seen but at least we're not gonna get the winds Scotland has, their thread said that cairengorm had a gust at 165mph!!!! almost the record for Britain!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Wel just been for a wak around the hills around my village and it was really gusty been so high up but i really wanted to catch the squall line with the winds as it wil be much stronger then but its goin dark already so im a bit gutted really,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

bit of a non event here. Strong-ish winds and a 5 minutes period of heavy rain. No wintry possibilities now, so we're in for a clear and boring night. Pahh, boring year so far.

Posted

Omg! laugh!!!

Someone else has posted this on youtube covering part of the Scottish storm and it's so funny I almost fell over laughing!!

TRAMPOLINE OMG OMG OMG!! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

expecting a horrid wet afternoon tomorrow, today not too bad, hardly wet really, early dec normally crap for cold here, exception of course last year

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

expecting a horrid wet afternoon tomorrow, today not too bad, hardly wet really, early dec normally crap for cold here, exception of course last year

Interesting that you had not much rain? It rained really hard here for ages - we had some showery rain, then the squall line which passed over and took a good hour to get through and then were left with heavy rain for about a further hour.

Posted

Dyou recon the showers will get this far south?

hope not, but hopefully if they do, it will be after 6pm, dont fancy getting wet, bbc seemed to have the rain arriving somewhere between 3-6pm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

hope not, but hopefully if they do, it will be after 6pm, dont fancy getting wet, bbc seemed to have the rain arriving somewhere between 3-6pm

Rain tomorrow afternoon between 3-6pm? if theres any precip around the Midlands tomorrow afternoon i'd expect it to fall as sleet or wet snow to be honest.

Posted

Rain tomorrow afternoon between 3-6pm? if theres any precip around the Midlands tomorrow afternoon i'd expect it to fall as sleet or wet snow to be honest.

not at our elevation, can see on the hgt 500-1000 charts, the cold air never makes it this far south, 528 dam, too far north

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

not at our elevation, can see on the hgt 500-1000 charts, the cold air never makes it this far south, 528 dam, too far north

Yes, thicknesses aren't great

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

You could be right, I just checked the precip type charts though to see what they were predicting and it seems they are going for sleet too

prectypeuktopo.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Happy birthday crimson. Centrol tonight's forecast some florys tomorrow and temp of -5 tomorrow night. Weather channel 10day forecast for tomorrow rain/snow cant post link at the moment im using my phone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

You could be right, I just checked the precip type charts though to see what they were predicting and it seems they are going for sleet too

prectypeuktopo.png

Ah the infamous GFS precip charts, about as accurate as a Torquay Utd free-kick!

Posted

Some very downbeat posts on here tonight. Snow was never really that high a chance anyway tomorrow. And I thought the cold front today was very entertaining. It's now clearing nicely out there, temperatures are falling and the wind is still gusting away.

Hardly boring weather right now!

Posted

Not to mention the two storms on the ECM within the next 10 days.

ECM8thdec2011stromshowing.gif

this would give us a good shot at blizzards let along a flake or two!