Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 2

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Ok chaps & ladies, just in time for tonights model outputs, a fresh thread to discuss the incoming threat of wind & rain, or will it be snowmaggedon ??? :cold:

Previous thread here --------> http://forum.netweat...d/page__st__660

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted

post-6740-0-50827100-1323896423_thumb.jp

So this was the last two NAE outputs, lets see what the 18z has to offer, wont be long now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Ive got to admit, im still worried about how marginal its going to be here tommorow night. We need to tap into as much cold air and need as much evaporating cooling as possible. If the heavier PPN doesn't make it here, I can forsee an extremely sleety and highly frustrating night tommorow.

Posted

I hope we get some snow tomorrow night. I think it is going to be waiting and seeing tomorrow evening . The weather forecasters are not really nailing anything down at the moment . It would be great to have 5 or 6 inches of snow on Friday morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

well yes 5 or 6 inches would be nice but I don't think there's much chance of that! I'll be amazed if I get 1 cm!

*snort* don't tell my husband I said that :rofl:

Edited by Serendipity

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Posted

I'm expecting to see snowflakes fall...but not settle. Not here where I live anyway.

I could see it settling in other parts of this area though. The Rowley Regis to Tividale area may see some on the ground. Maybe Brierley Hill as well. I would certainly hope that Clent and Lickey get a good covering. If they can't, then there's no hope for any of the rest of us!

Posted
Posted · Hidden by Isolated Frost, December 14, 2011 - We get the point.
Hidden by Isolated Frost, December 14, 2011 - We get the point.

Why? no signs of hairdryer winds from the SW.

Something Ian Brown, will be looking at... but never happening! One day he will get it right!

Posted

Still seems a lot of un-certainty to me. Definetely going to be one of thoose nights to lampost watch. I dont expect anything here, so if nothing comes il try not to be to frustrated.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

local bbc radio forecast for tomorrow night heavy rain turning to snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

NAE 18z (Using Precip Accumulation charts only for now) looks fantastic for the Central Midlands especially again. Perhaps a little less for the N Midlands on this run. Black Country, Birmingham, Malvern, Shropshire hills & Chilterns etc could do particularly well out of this especially if any marginality comes to issue.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

I know it's only 24 hours away but I can't help but remember last year when we had dumping forecasts constantly up until the day before, only for it to snow all around me (other than Leicester who had the same thing). Brum had nearly a foot and we had less than a centimetre. It was gutting and everything seemed so perfect in the run up to it.

This time, I really think it'll be rain, it just doesn't feel quite cold enough. I'm hoping for a lovely surprise but I'm not going to be too disappointed like I was last year if it doesn't materialise.

Posted

NAE 18z (Using Precip Accumulation charts only for now) looks fantastic for the Central Midlands especially again. Perhaps a little less for the N Midlands on this run. Black Country, Birmingham, Malvern, Shropshire hills & Chilterns etc could do particularly well out of this especially if any marginality comes to issue.

Looks a good 50miles further south compared to earlier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I'm expecting to see snowflakes fall...but not settle. Not here where I live anyway.

I could see it settling in other parts of this area though. The Rowley Regis to Tividale area may see some on the ground. Maybe Brierley Hill as well. I would certainly hope that Clent and Lickey get a good covering. If they can't, then there's no hope for any of the rest of us!

Tbh given the forecasts I do expect a covering here with elevation upto around 150m on our road. Marginality hasnt been highlighted too much extent so the MetO dont see it affecting many above 100m. Stourbridge would be more marginal than here as I saw especially in February last year. But who knows, it could be a win win all round. :D

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Gfs is a disaster do not look at it and pray the 00z is different

Edited by SnowTornado

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Seriously marginal for me, I'd have thought. Even my 90m might make the difference over down by the Severn (which is about 20m) but I think the odds are, just, in favour of its not quite being cold enough here. By gum it's going to be interesting, though! (Unless the low scoots way to the south and misses us altogether, of course...)

Edited by Arctic Hare

Posted

Wow, 18z GFS not good at all! Dont look!

Thankfully its aginst other models for now anyway!