Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 2

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Hi ladies and gents. Just been on the met mobile site they still have yello warning for snow for earlly hours of friday morning for w midlands

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Thunderstorms, Snow

UKMO 12z looks quite decent, centre of the low following the south coastline.

Anybody there?? :sorry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

NMM much the same. Slight upgrade in a way, ever so slightly further north, precip seems to colide with cheshire gap late morning. Still, only light snow at most for the leicester/northampton areas mainly.

The only real positive I can see is that most of the models on the 12z seem to agree on a very slightly further north track, so perhaps it will track even further slightly north on the 18z when it's just about to hit. Just clutching at straws, but one can hope :)

Edited by kmanmx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

NMM much the same. Slight upgrade in a way, ever so slightly further north, precip seems to colide with cheshire gap late morning. Still, only light snow at most for the leicester/northampton areas mainly.

The only real positive I can see is that most of the models on the 12z seem to agree on a very slightly further north track, so perhaps it will track even further slightly north on the 18z when it's just about to hit. Just clutching at straws, but one can hope :)

Well the 06z upgraded from the 00z and now the 12z has continued... not as far north as yesterday night, but not as far south as this morning, so I guess twists and roundabouts... which will of course be tonight's theme!

Posted

Its a tough call with the Midlands, the south Midlands looks cold enough around 3-4am but whether or not the precip will still be around then is another matter. Probably need a another small shift north for the Midlands to be in a more comfortable position tonight.

NAE suggests SW Midlands probably the prime spot for snowfall...hopefully the models are a little off with their timing and arrives earlier!

Posted

UKMO 12z looks quite decent, centre of the low following the south coastline.

Anybody there?? :sorry:

Wouldn't call it decent. But it's okay if your happy with just seeing snow. According to the 12z UKMO the whole of the midlands is only going to see light precip. Though these precip charts tend to suck, half the time they bare little resemblence to the radar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Ah, so looking forward to tonight. Think there is gonna be a lot of interesting surprises for a lot of us. Great to see that the potential has been put back a little but further North as well. :)

My estimated snow depth for here: Probably anywhere between a dusting to perhaps upto 5cm depending how heavy and how quickly the snow replaces the rain.

Posted

I wish these things arrived at a better time :p Either during the day after 9am when i'm awake, until about 3am before I go to bed. But what time does the snow start ? between 3am and 9am :wallbash:

I guess i'll be pulling an all nighter ! I hope some of you join me, keep it entertaining :)

Fortunately, my university time table is empty for Friday. Day off for me.

Edited by kmanmx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine & Snow

I wish these things arrived at a better time :p Either during the day after 9am when i'm awake, until about 3am before I go to bed. But what time does the snow start ? between 3am and 9am :wallbash:

I guess i'll be pulling an all nighter ! I hope some of you join me, keep it entertaining :)

Fortunately, my university time table is empty for Friday. Day off for me.

I may be able to. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Where can I see the NMM?

NW extra.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Any other way to see it?

Apart from paying I'm afraid not! The Lite subscription is well worth the money though :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun and Snow

Apart from paying I'm afraid not! The Lite subscription is well worth the money though :)

Na I'm good, not THAT addicted to pay for weather info - may do when I get old and bored

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

@kmanmx Will probably end up doing the same thing knowing my addiction to staying up on Weather sites late at night, and the fact I enjoy snowflake watching/hunting. :)

Posted

better looking forecast from john hammond at 5, more widespread snow over most of the midlands was shown, never know. i suspect being just north of telford for now isnt gonna stand me in good stead. being home in stourbridge might've though.

Posted

Good luck to everyone. My call is that the snow wont make it further north than about 20 miles south of Brum. Its happened so many time in the past, like 6 inches in Warwick and Rugby, bugger all in Walsall lol.

Need to give it a 50 mile push north

Posted

@kmanmx Will probably end up doing the same thing knowing my addiction to staying up on Weather sites late at night, and the fact I enjoy snowflake watching/hunting. :)

Sounds good !

The last three GFS runs have been pushing the low north by 20 - 30 miles....00z, 06z, 12z....if the trend continues onto the 18z then majority of the midlands will see what was being shown yesterday.

I'm hoping for this trend too.

Edited by kmanmx