Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South Central England Regional Discussion Thread Part 2

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear Skies

+1.3C and fine snow. It is fine, but indisputably snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

2 degrees in horndean and very fine snow or probably more sleet like

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

well still snowing here alas though all we have the wet variety. it is sticking a little but roads are clear and wet. Havent checked the temps but this link shows the temps differentials nicely in one graphic. I note where snow is mentioned on current forecasts all are detailed as light snow. Not the 5 to 10cm heh? or is that for later.

http://www.wunderground.com/global/UK.html

Posted

Intesnsifys as it pushes east of us as well. Heathrows still up and running judging by the sound of the planes flying over urgh, roads quieter though!

last check it wasnt snowing

Current observations are showing snow in the North and East of this region however the snow does seem to be reported a bit more South than expected. For tonight the snow is likely to remain in the North and East and will start to move away after midnight. Western parts don't look good for snow at all but may see some sleet at least. Enjoy the snow for those who get it.

Posted

Well, it's moderate rain here right now, just one or two snowflakes I can see in the streetlight light outside. Temp 1.6, DP around zero.

I'm waiting to see the 19Z surface chart to see if there is a closed circulation yet. The satellite picture doesn't tell us much except the occluding front is already shearing away N between Iceland and Norway.

Just seen the 19Z chart, still no closed circulation but looking at the wind flow there could now be a centre just NW of Anglesea. From the surface obs it would appear the warm front is running SSE through the Welsh border down through Wiltshire/Dorset. So the low is probably tracking just S of SE, which, allowing for the fact that it may turn more towards the S as it goes, will mean it'll exit the coast somewhere around the Hampshire/Sussex border.

This evening's developments will be most interesting! Need to watch the cloud pattern associated with the occlusion as well as the rainfall/snowfall pattern as the system tracks towards us.

Edited by OldMetMan

Posted

been snowing for the last 2 hours here, may have 2cms on the ground.

10 miles south the mother in law is still green and only just started snowing.

Very interested to here if the LP to our west is forming and how this will effect us?

all the best folks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Constant moderate rain here. Temp has risen a degree or so.

enjoy the snow whoever gets it. I will be keeping everything pinned on next weekend!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzard, Hot & Sunny

someone in the snow risk forum has said heavy snow now it southampton??? anyone shed any light :)

Would worry to much its still raining by us :fool::cray:

Posted

No snow in North Southampton, just drizzle

but temperatures are continuing to plummet, just below freezing now. DP holding at -2.

it's prime conditions for snow, so I'm baffled as to why I'm just seeing drizzle.

Unfortunately though, if it does start to snow, the ground is so wet from the rain that it's got no chance of settling. Massive problem re: ICe though.

Edited by sclarke

Posted

It's hosing down here, but at least I feel totally vindicated, as people asked me "Rain or Snow", I said "Rain" yep it's there, as the temperature begins it's relentless climb upwards.

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Still fine snow/sleet here in Horndean, Hampshire. Trying hard to lay......drive and pavements have a covering!