Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Significant Snow Risk This Weekend - General Discussion

Paul

Posted

Thank goodness it's cleared up here, hopefully those further South will see more in the way of snow rather than freezing rain. Will be glad too see the back of this Easterly set up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

weatherschool

System now starting to show loss of eastwards momentum so may be several hours worth of snow left over central and east England.

04/02/2012 19:30 (tweet)

:help:

Edited by i'm dreaming of...

Posted

Thank goodness it's cleared up here, hopefully those further South will see more in the way of snow rather than freezing rain. Will be glad too see the back of this Easterly set up.

I take it you haven't seen the 12z runs then? You may see the back of the easterly in a week or so time, to be replaced by a northerly! If you can't stand the cold you should go on holiday until March!

Sorry just realised you do like the cold it just didn't deliver this time!

Edited by Tim Bland

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Hey,

I live in Scotland, there has been weather warnings up from the met office saying that Southwest Scotland and the Lothians will be getting snow today and tomorrow. Well, it's just been raining here; a rather damp squib that turned into one horrible day, probably the same tomorrow as well. Why are they forecasting warnings when it's not accurate?

Thanks

That was restricted to areas with a bit of altitude though, it was always going to be touch and go in Scotland - things looking a bit better for us Scots snow wise towards the middle of the month :)

Posted

Been Snowing here Leic/Notts border since 3pm a good 1/2inch cover so far and very windy gusts making it Blizzard like at times.Temp -0.1c.

Posted

just as radar shows the snow starting to end, I can report that here in Hyde Park (Leeds) we have a solid 3cms on roads; 6cms on Grass and deeper drifts - the snow is still falling. Not as much as forecasted, but noteworthy nonetheless. If current model trends are to be believed, this could though be a mere taste of much bigger (deeper) and greater things to come! Cambridge (my hometown which has missed out on the good stuff for the last couple of years) looks in for a pasting - my girlfriend and family live there and they are telling me its already snowing - I told them to expect upto 10cms but have a sneaking suspicion that they could end up with something closer to 15

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

Snow now in Saffron Walden(north Essex) now, making a timelapse. Will chuck it on youtube IF it gets heavier. I say IF due to being out and haven`t caught up with the latest forecast.

Posted

Any one near stoke? Some v intense echoes on the radar!

yes i live there its bad . Iv got to be At manchester airport by 5 tommorow morning as im going skiing . Hoping it will carm down

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder & Lightning, Snow, Wind

Just left work in Tunbridge Wells at 6:30 for drive home to Crawley, looked at radar before left work and thought I will hit that head on at East Grinstead judging by speed moving east.

Hit East Grinstead at about 30 mins later and still nothing falling out of the sky, Then spot on hit town centre and hit the wall of falling snow all of a sudden.

The road (A264) between east grinstead and Crawley at copthorne was already covered with snow when I got there, and the A23 dual carrageway from M23 into Crawley one lane was totally covered.

The back road near my street was sliding all over.

Looks like almost 1cm been dumped already in places here in the hour, took an affort to reverse into parking space.

post-4193-0-09889600-1328385531_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Anyone here able to tell me if the front is behaving as expected, with snow fall amounts and speed of moving east and the line it slows down at?

Yes, snow here since 3pm, now turning into BIG flakes, building depth quickly, front has slowed since the two fronts merged on the sat.

Looks like almost 1cm been dumped already in places here in the hour, took an affort to reverse into parking space. just goes to show whats wrong with our country if a car can't cope with 1cm snow.

Edited by matty40s

Posted

Good covering here so far with alot more to come based on the radar. This isn't the damp squid WIB predicted it to be!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

still been pathetically skinny snow here - been in the light echos for ages.

Raintoday has suddenly gone premium on me...weird,but good.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Anybody have any idea why the radar is being a bit inaccurate tonight? A few people have posted tonight that the radar is showing precipitation over them (on the leading edge) and yet nothing is falling?? I'm now experiencing this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Enjoy the snow-show!! For those of you without any snow, I created a weather-special Jumblgram (the new word puzzle with a twist!) Between the lamp-post watching for those precious white flakes, see how you do with this ... (Clue: The answer is topical!) :good:

https://forum.netweather.tv/gallery/image/15241-weather-special-jg01/

Posted

Good covering here so far with alot more to come based on the radar. This isn't the damp squid WIB predicted it to be!

Hi mate, how is it with you? Starting to get blustery here (20 mins south of Camb)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Anybody have any idea why the radar is being a bit inaccurate tonight? A few people have posted tonight that the radar is showing precipitation over them (on the leading edge) and yet nothing is falling?? I'm now experiencing this.

Same was happening here in Norfolk ( where I am for weekend in Watton) but now started to lightly snow :)

Posted

You can see where I am from and a mini blizzard here, albeit fine snow.