A.J

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

Wow, look at the radar around Blackpool and Preston, if that doesnt produce snow for those around there then I dont know what will today.

Edited by Martin M

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

You certainly are, but then again im sure you aren't.

:blush: ....yes, didn't exactly cover myself in glory, sorry about that :)

anyways, looking much better for you guys snow wise tonight!

Posted

Just been back out in the garden and accumulation has built up since the past hour, now up to 3cm at least. If this was a tortoise and hare race then this frontal boundary is definitely the tortoise. Taking things nice and easy but doing the job just as well, not your usual run of the mill snow-storm where it comes and goes in the blink of an eye depositing 10cm over the space of a couple of hours. It'll be at least until the early hours when the back edge of the system is leaving the region and the clearer skies set in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

still raining here -0.6c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Temp still rising here , up to 3.5c now. No evaporative cooling taking place anyway quite the opposite. Uppers aren't low enough plus the freezing level is rising and will be around 1000m by 6pm close to western coasts.

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Sounds pretty good to me, considering the models were only hinting at it, with nothing firm, until this morning maybe a few upgrades will come. In terms of its orientation ect. The rest of this month I feel will be pretty chilly to put it mildly. Exactly why those without snow so far today have something better to look forward to.

Today was always going to get iffy in places after it started looking like the front will push further east. Id still say the amber is warrented as its not just warning about snow, its the ice. Maybe should be a yellow alert though instead of an amber but these days I don't think the met can take many chances.

To be honest i dont think this is dead in the water for us, sure it was looking like it could be a stonker but if those heavier bursts are all snow then we could still end up with 3 inches, which is 3 inches more than it looked like we would get about 4 days ago,

Posted

-2C

this freezing rain is getting worse, also got one or two small flakes in it, icicles now getting longer and longer lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

and no tbh we are fast reaching tipping point even here between rain sleet and snow but good luck to the midlands guys i hope it comes off you.

we've been lucky today....5cm here and 2-5 cm's in many parts of the west midlands today with more to come by the looks of things

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more SNOW :D

Wow, look at the radar around Blackpool and Preston, if that doesnt produce snow for those around there then I dont know what will today.

I really hope you right!!! I'm in Preston and dying for some snow lol :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

belting it down here with RAIN

Temp -1c DP -3

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

this freezing rain is getting worse, also got one or two small flakes in it, icicles now getting longer and longer lol

Same here. Surely this has to turn soon?!

Posted

Front clearing NW Cumbria now at last. Awful day.

good grief look at the ammount of heavy precip heading through the region,trouble is i think we have hit marginal and it would be a crying shme if this next lot washes away the 3 cm or so we have here.

Anyone around bolton bury way it will be hitting you in the next hlaf hour!

Temp -1c DP -3

C.S

air temp -1 dp -3 wth is going on?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Really grasping straws now, but there are flakes mixed in... resorted to lampost watching. :(

Posted

To be honest i dont think this is dead in the water for us, sure it was looking like it could be a stonker but if those heavier bursts are all snow then we could still end up with 3 inches, which is 3 inches more than it looked like we would get about 4 days ago,

Yep I agree, think some places could get a surprise in the coming hours. Especially if they have given up and are not keeping an eye on it.

I remember Feb 09 event was rain here then turned to snow without me noticing. Next time I looked out there was 15cm on the ground. Not saying it will be that extreme for some tonight but who knows, if that heavier precip becomes more widespread and moves inland without weakening.

Posted

Really grasping straws now, but there are flakes mixed in... resorted to lampost watching. :(

yeah its not good at all..but still we are heading into foot long icicles, and it wont be long before we reach the back end of this band

Posted

Temp -1c DP -3

C.S

Wow - excellent surface conditions for snow. Shame the upper air isn't playing ball. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

good grief look at the ammount of heavy precip heading through the region,trouble is i think we have hit marginal and it would be a crying shme if this next lot washes away the 3 cm or so we have here.

Anyone around bolton bury way it will be hitting you in the next hlaf hour!

air temp -1 dp -3 wth is going on?

Why is it snowing at the city of Manchester stadium but borderline in Ashton?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and lots of Heavy snow!

2-3cm of snow on the ground but pelting it down with icy rain/hail/sleet here currently temps have been steadily dropping so fingers crossed perhaps a bit more snow to come what are other peoples thoughts??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Give until 7 then i think i will declare NON-EVENT yet again

C.S