Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Sunday 5th February 2012 Weather & General Chat

Posted

The sun came out briefly this afternoon, but the fog returned a while ago and looks set for the night.Plenty of snow remaining despite a thaw this afternoon. Temp is 0c.

Posted

A brief point here , The max today was -3c at 1630 now -4.5c at 1830hours local, and falling quite good.I did not get much snow but been to west ( barely 15 miles from me)and they got 8cm of snow.

The sky is mainly clear and where snow is good temps are falling like from a cliff!!!

nearing -6cto -7c in Western suburbs of Paris at 1830!!!!!

Temps forecasted this week have been put a little furhter down and for my area could make it around -8c to -9c ( night lows) till Saturday

Here is a pic in a park 15 miles from where i am ( got not much for my area)

All small lakes in Parks are frozen!!! exept where ducks are going.

db952.jpg

Edited by jean91

Posted

Ps : -3c being the max from 1630 to 1645 and since 1700 to 1900 hours lost 2.5c!!! @ 1900 -5.5c still a free fall!!!!clear skies!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Ps : -3c being the max from 1630 to 1645 and since 1700 to 1900 hours lost 2.5c!!! @ 1900 -5.5c still a free fall!!!!clear skies!!!!

Epic, this freeze has the potential to be a memorable one for France as it has been in Italy, Serbia, Ukraine etc but of course milder than ukraine, should rival 1987 and 1985 and possible beat december 2001 in terms of serverity. temperatures across much of inland France should struggle to get above 0C (including day) all week, il fait très froid non? :cold:

Posted

4f2e35abe3193_francenowpng.pngSnowing now nearing 2cms probably 1 or 2 more and it is over

First time i have it snowing here with such a cold temp currently at -6c and temp does not move at all!!!!!

This morning France is land of contrast Brittany and Brest nearing 9c and all eastern parts of France with the warmest at -11C !!! all that at 0930!!!!!!

Yes some of the cold in France is quite amazing, It must be really unusual for places towards the south to get that cold? I noticed on Friday evening that Orange was -6C with a dew point of -16C and an average wind speed of 40mph with gusts near 60mph! The windchill must have been intense.

Here today it has warmed up compared to the last several days, though it was never as cold as much of France.

Currently:

Temp: 2.3C

Dew point: 1.4C

Humidity: 94%

Wind: 1mph 'gusting' 6mph ENE

Pressure: 1030.8mb

Max temp: 8.5C at 14:15

Min this morning: 2.2C about 07:45 (2.1C just now this evening - more average compared to yesterdays -7.6C)

10.4mm of rain yesterday and last night after a few light flurries of snow and sleet in the morning.

Edited by Stormmad26

Posted

Interesting that the really cold air has gone quite far south, as illustrated by that map, with Southern Germany, Austria, Switzerland, South Eastern France and northern Italy really bearing the brunt of it, while it has been slightly milder further north. Quite unusual to see snow in Rome too, and Barcelona has been experiencing some unusually cold nights.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Rather cloudy last night, clear intervals and a likely ground frost later.

Cloudy am, sunny intervals this afternoon. Fairly mild, light NW breeze.

Drizzle at times this evening.

Min: 1.3c @ 0730

Max: 8.1c @ 1330

Rain yesterday: 9.2mm

Rain since 0900 today: Below 0.5mm

Currently: Drizzly.

Temp: 4c (as low as 3.4c earlier this evening)

RH: 95%

Pressure: 1032mbar, rising slowly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Snow became heavy at times during yesterday evening and eventually left a mean depth just short of 13cm by 2300, there was some drifting in the fresh-strong S wind with drifts in exposed areas of 30-70cm deep. The cloud cleared once the snow had died out and the temperature rose slowly, getting above 0c by early morning though still with a ground frost.

Today has been dry with spells of hazy sunshine and some periods of bright sunshine, there was a slow thaw of lying snow.

At 1800;

Temp', 2.5c ( still the same now )

24 hr max' to 0900, 0.9c

Max' today, 2.9c

Min' last night, -2.8c

24 hr min', -4.7c

Grass ( snow) min', -2.8c

Rainfall in 24 hrs ending 0900 17.7mm ( melted snow )

Sunshine today, 2.94 hrs

Mean wind speed, 16 mph NW

Highest gust today, 29 mph NW at 1702

6 oktas Acu

Vis', 20 km

Mean depth of lying snow 10.4cm; 95% of ground covered.

Posted

Point here on all grater Paris area : some low clouds coming fro the north have invaded the region just around 2230 hours when temps were from -4.5c in the very center of Paris to -11c in parts where snow is lying , -6.9c for my part.

Temps are just not moving anymore and not rising either.Would the sky have stayed clear , i think we would have been in for a cold one. Nice pocket of near -14c to the immidiate south to south west ( a good hit by snow area!!!) about 60 south of greater Paris.

france_now.png

Edited by jean91

Posted

Same here John, though its only showing 0.4mm so very little thaw here. All thats really happened is the snow has compacted.

Not suprising though when the max temp was only 0.8C, which I believe is the lowest max since 1991 or 1994, Ill have to check when I get home.

Currently 0.2C and 97% humidity and still foggy like it has been all day.

Its turns out it was the lowest February max since 1992, so the coldest for 20 years!

Currently -0.1C and 98% humidity with mostly clear conditions and shallow fog.