Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Sunday 5th February 2012 Weather & General Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Warm summers Cold Frosty winters

Morning All

Winter wonderland here Snow Depth 13cm Started snowing 8.30PM stopped around 5.30AM ENJOY

Min Temp -2.9c at 0.00

Current Temp -2.3c

DP-2c

Humidity 97%

Pressure 1025.0 Rising slowly

Wind ESE 2mph

Posted
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme winter cold,heavy bowing snow,freezing fog.Summer 2012

It is a winter wonderland here too, 10cm average depth of snow with a crust on top of powder, the sky cleared through the early hours, the temperature now –4.0c after a slight thaw when the snow stopped around 10:30 last night. Thick freezing fog now to boot.

Posted

close to foggy again after some thick fog overnight the snow last evening to 2100'ish turning to slight rain for about 1 hour, a lot of Ci about and the temperature is on -4.7C, it fell below zero C again by about 0130. Not been out to measure the depth yet, I'd guess 3-4cm.

Posted

4f2e35abe3193_francenowpng.pngSnowing now nearing 2cms probably 1 or 2 more and it is over

First time i have it snowing here with such a cold temp currently at -6c and temp does not move at all!!!!!

This morning France is land of contrast Brittany and Brest nearing 9c and all eastern parts of France with the warmest at -11C !!! all that at 0930!!!!!!

Edited by jean91

Posted

Situation at 0822 local time in France : My suburb is Where you see the snow flakes near the -7c temp!!!!!

4f2e3461c0a14_francepng.png

Edited by jean91

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Temperature 1 °C

Windchill 1 °C

Dew Point 1 °C

Wind

Speed / Dir 1.6 km/h / 0.4 m/s

Wind Gust 4.8 km/h

Conditions

Pressure 1026.0 hPa

Clouds Overcast 60 m

Moisture

Humidity 97%

Rainfall 0 mm

Snow Depth 8-10cm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Dry chilly start,

Temp 2.6c

Humidity 92%

Dewpoint 1.4c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme winter cold,heavy bowing snow,freezing fog.Summer 2012

Sunday 05th February 2012:

The moderate to heavy snow stopped around 10:30 GMT last night after dumping 10cm average depth, 100% cover. There was a slight thaw for a few hours or so before the sky cleared through the early hours and the temperature dropped rapidly to –4.2c. Thick freezing fog also developed around dawn. At observation, frost, deep snow, shallow fog clearing slightly, partly cloudy sky visible overhead, bright.

Today's readings for the 24 hrs up to 09:00 GMT:

Maximum temperature to 18:00 GMT yesterday: -0.1°C

Minimum temperature overnight: -4.2°C

24-hour maximum = 0.2°C

24-hour minimum: -7.4°C

Minimum temperature on grass: -11.0°C

Maximum wind gust: (last 24 hours) 23.3 mph SSW

Rainfall total: 15.2 mm (snow melt)

Current Conditions:

6 Okta: Cirrostratus, Cirrus, Cirrocumulus.

Visibility: < 400yds.

Temperature: -3.4°C

Wind chill –3.4c.

Humidity: 98%

Dew point –7.4°C

Wind Direction: Force 0 calm

Barometer 1026 mb rising.

Yesterday:

Very severe frost overnight, even with a force 3 SW breeze at times, low –8.9c with wind chill at times below –13c, –11.2c on the grass. At observation, severe frost, bright, high cloud advancing rapidly from the west. The morning stayed dry and overcast. The afternoon saw light snow commencing around 14:00GMT. The snow became moderate by mid afternoon and in to the evening with light drifting. Top temperature to 18:00 GMT –0.1c, falling to –1.4c in the snow.

February 2012 so Far

Mean temperature: -2.2c (- 6.4c) of the local average)

Maximum temperature: 2.9c on the 1st.

Minimum temperature: -8.9c on the 4th

Grass Minimum: -11.2c on the 4th

Rainfall = 15.2mm

Maximum snow depth = 10cm.

Wettest 24 hours = 15.2 mm on the 4th (snow melt)

Maximum wind gust: 27.3 mph ESE on the 1st.

2012 so far

Maximum temperature: 11.8c on the 11th January.

Minimum temperature: -7.5c on the 3rd Feb

Grass Minimum: -10.3c on the 3rd Feb

Rainfall = 80.0 mm

Wettest 24 hours, 17.2mm on the 4th Jan

Maximum wind gust: 48.6mph, NW 5th Jan

Edited by Polar Continental

Posted

a min of -4.9C the 5th consecutive air frost, snow depth 7cm with an ice crust from the slight rain to end the snowfall, thick fog at times overnight and for a short time around 0800 but now fairly sunny with just some patchy Ci and no wind.

This has to be the coldest and now snowiest February in a long time. If I get the time I'll check my stats from 1997 onwards.

Posted

0.6 °C

Windchill 3.8 °C

1022.6 mb steady

Wind 10.10 mph gusting 12.0 mph max S

DP -0.8 °C

Humidity 90%

Approx 5cms of snow last 24 hours

Cloud base 598 ft

White and beautiful, thank you Winter 2012!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Dry and sunny morning at Cleadon, 1.9C following an overnight minimum of -0.6C, with a coating of solid ice on the ground following yesterday's ice-storm- this ice froze under the overnight frost and made for extremely dangerous conditions outside.

The event yesterday was interesting for its novelty value but has to go down as a big disappointment compared with reports further south- no proper snow, yet at least as much inconvenience and disruption as we would expect from a couple of inches of snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Sunny spells after an icy morning following yesterdays rain. Min overnight -0.7c.

Current conditions.

Temp 4.7c

Dew point 2.0c

Humidity 94%

Pressure 1025hpa

Wind WNW 10mph

Weather scattered clouds

Edited by Liam J

Posted

Thick fog here at the moment with around 9cm of lying snow. It remained cloudy for most of the night so the min temp was -1.2C. No ice here though as the front was dry, powdery snow throughout, a nice suprise.

The temperature is currently 0.5C and 97% humidity with a very slow thaw.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

3 inches of snow on my garden table - the most snow I've seen in Nottingham since I can't even remember.

Down to -1.9c overnight now +0.6c with hazy sunny skies and the drip drip of a thaw.

Posted

The snow that was here last night had gone this morning thanks to some heavy rain. Temperature much milder than yesterday at 6C.

Edited by Scorcher

Posted

I've just come out of the back lounge where the stand alone Davis display is, not the part linked into my pc, its got the umbrella up as it is 'raining'. Of course its not-clear blue sky, but the rain-guage is 'collecting' the snow from last night-currently on 4.0mm and still rising.

Sad is'nt it being a weather nut?

Posted

I've just come out of the back lounge where the stand alone Davis display is, not the part linked into my pc, its got the umbrella up as it is 'raining'. Of course its not-clear blue sky, but the rain-guage is 'collecting' the snow from last night-currently on 4.0mm and still rising.

Same here John, though its only showing 0.4mm so very little thaw here. All thats really happened is the snow has compacted.

Not suprising though when the max temp was only 0.8C, which I believe is the lowest max since 1991 or 1994, Ill have to check when I get home.

Currently 0.2C and 97% humidity and still foggy like it has been all day.

Posted
Posted (edited) · Hidden by reef, February 5, 2012 - inappropriate for this thread
Hidden by reef, February 5, 2012 - inappropriate for this thread

I suppose it is better than kiling animals for fun..wait ,did i just write that....last nigh t stopped snowing around 7pm,2.5 inches fell in west mancs.Then cloud ,occasional clear spell.Morning bright ,progressively murky as day wore on[foggy].Now it is cloudy,temp 3.1c,82% humidity .Top temp 3.6c,last night low was -0.8.Snow ,ice,mush ..very messy outside though snow is not going anywhere fast ..very,very slow thaw.If there is clea weather tonight travel will be very bad....wel ,even worse.Anyone live in the higher points of greater Manchester,what were your snow levels? Edited by greybing
Posted

The mildest day for a week and it feels that way despite being cold at 4.9c max!

Quite a lot of brightness/sunshine since midday but also some misty low cloud as there was through the morning.

Calm, 4.4c and humidity 87%.

Posted

Snow started around 4.30pm yesterday and eventually turned to a rain/sleet mix in the early hours. Maximum depth 5cm, now about 1cm left.

Overcast all day with the snow slowly melting - maximum 3.4, minimum 0.2, wind calm.

Yesterday: clear and exceptionally cold start, clouded over during the afternoon to bring snow, heaviest around 10pm. Maximum 2.7, minimum -8.0 (the lowest since December 2010, second coldest since 2002). Wind light SE.

Edited by Stargazer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Pressure 1025.8hPa

Temp 6.4c

Max Temp 7.1c

Min Temp 1.8c

Humidity 92%

Dewpoint 5.2c

Rainfall 0.0mm

Monthly Rainfall 10.6mm