Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

One For Welsh And Sw England Snow Fans: 26th February 2004

Weather-history

Posted

I remember the disappointment of this day, bone dry here whilst there was dark skies to the west all day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I have fond memories of this event. Being in the first year of secondary school, it was the first time there was proper snow while I was there. It started snowing around lunchtime but kept stopping, then by 2pm it just threw it down all afternoon and into the evening leaving a good few inches in the centre of Bristol and more out in the country. There were occasional top ups overnight 26th/27th and 27th/28th too. I think the snow didn't eventually go until it rained on the 3rd of March. What a great spell of weather.

And not long after, a light dusting on March 12th from a battleground.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

There was also ~15cm in the North East from North Sea snow showers - it was one of the better northerlies of the 2000s, and the second significant snowfall from a northerly in 2004. I had a friend living in Shaftesbury, Dorset (or at least she went to school there) at the time and I remember her being quite excited about the snow as she didn't get much down there. In fact I presume she still lives there / goes to school there, but I'm not in touch any more so I wouldn't know.