Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Strange Boom Noises ?

Posted

Last year around June time in Leeds I was woken up by what I can only describe as a very loud helicopter but the noise hurt your ears!! When I went outside at around 3am I could see nothing and it wasn't a cloudy night!

I noticed a lot of people had there lights on at the time so obviously I wasnt dreaming after about 10 mins the noise just suddenly stopped even my gf was watching.

The police chopper flys around a lot near me as its close by the station but this wasn't that noise!

The next day only a few people I spoke too had heared the noise my sister who lives 5 minutes away said she didn't hear a thing!!

After this ive followed the boom noises and YouTube videos on the net not knowing about them until after I've heared and it's seems that it's getting more common by the day!!

Anyone else heard these noises whats becoming a global event ?

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Ive not heard any myself, but there are lot's of quaries around this area that blast on a regular basis which can be heard from miles around on a still day. Here is an interesting link http://strangesounds...booming-sounds/

Im shure there is a valid explanation for the sounds. All the talk of HAARP and goverment experiments.....

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

I heard one in January here but no-one else nearby noticed - it was about 10:15am.

Then in the paper a week later there was an article several had reported it with almost word for word what I thought - it sounded like when several inches of snow suddenly slide off your roof making a deep rumble that shakes the house.

Most likely explanation seems to be military aircraft on exercises breaking the sound barrier at high altitude or over the sea.

Apparently there has been an increase in serious training the last year or two in part due to the Olympics.

(I suppose they at least want a feasible plan for if a hijacked plane might be crashed into a venue :o )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

As previously mentioned it could be Sonic Boom's from military aircraft (E.g Eurofighter Typhoon at High Level). I think concorde used to make these booms when it flew, as it broke the sound barrier

Edited by Calum

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Not sure, but at night I often hear noises, like metal crashing or banging. I don't live too far from quarries so that could explain it, but it sure is creepy..

Edited by Aaron