Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Curse Of Being Logged Out On Netweather Extra Returns

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Reported this before. Never happens on the forums but on netweather extra you login and completly at randomn whether you click I can't be bothered to wait or let the redirection to take place you get logged out striaght away. The problem went away over winter but is now back in it's most annoying whate ver computer I use. Web browser firefox latest version and I guess it's a cookie problem which is screwing it up. Three computers cookies set to delete on exit one computer not same behaviour on them all.

Posted

I've never seen this happen I must admit & no changes have been made since winter. Please can you explain exactly (step by step) what you're doing when it logs you out and what happens at that point.

Thanks

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Every now and again when I click on an 'extra' feature, I get logged out rather than being taken to where I click. So I go through the log in. Simple but annoying.

Posted

I've never seen this happen I must admit & no changes have been made since winter. Please can you explain exactly (step by step) what you're doing when it logs you out and what happens at that point.

Thanks

Paul

Errr go to login into net weather extra put username in and then password. Either wait for the redirect or click on it and go striaght in and you may be logged out or say just clicking on radar or gfs extra you may get logged out. Completely randomn and didn't happen yesterday and not so far today. The forums aren't effected by this at all though. Normaly after logging in it happens fairly quickly. Once you've opened something up you're okay.

Edited by The PIT

Posted

Beauty of it it's intermittant so you may go a month without a problem then it'll do it for several days off and on then stop again. Using latesunno what the others are using.

Posted

The only way I can get the system to log me out is if I double click a link within extra or on the login box, this is because the system then thinks two people are accessing that link from the same account. Is it possible you're doing that?

Posted

Well yesterday morning it logged out me three times on the bounce and that wasn't clicking on any link. Logged in and was logged striaght out. Logged in and out logged in and kicked striaght out.Out of interest you method doesn't always log you out just tried it which also tells you I haven't been double clicking the links.

Posted

Its just happened to me. I was looking at the 48hr detailed forecast and clicked on the next time period, Wednesday afternoon, and was logged out and taken to the log in page.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Aye, same as Pit. You just hit an extra button and it spits you out. And also, I sometimes have >1 pane of extra open with no problem.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

have to agree, it's been happening to me randomly for the past 12 months or more....I just put it down to a bug in my browser configuration, but it's happening to others as posted

Posted

yep just had one-not the first time-type a reply click on the button and it disappears. That is just one of all manor of minor irritants over the past fw months which I never had before. I also put it down to my pc, IE etc but as others are getting problems, though not all the same, there does seem to be some problem around?

Posted

The problems being described above are nothing to do with the forum John, they're talking about nw extra.

Posted

I normally enter from Extra and that too has over the last month or two been much as described along with the other problems I've/am having?

Posted

I think your issues are unrelated John, where you enter to the forum from is not going to have any affect. I really think you just need to upgrade your browser.

have to agree, it's been happening to me randomly for the past 12 months or more....I just put it down to a bug in my browser configuration, but it's happening to others as posted

It happens to me as well, however it s largely confined to when location at locations forecast and clicking on to the next day, it doesn't really happen when looking at charts.

Posted

yes I'd agree using the charts alone rarely seems to give an issue

Posted

It happens to me as well, however it s largely confined to when location at locations forecast and clicking on to the next day, it doesn't really happen when looking at charts.

Yep same issue here, just when you are location specific and move forward an hour or other timeframe.

Posted

I've noticed it most on the custom SkewT's when you are place specific. Change location or time and it can log you out, although today it's working fine!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Are you talking the 48 hour forecast here?

Hi Paul...the more I think about it the more I'm sure it's when I've been accessing the 16 day forecast or 'storm/snow risk' forecast on NWx

Posted

OUt of interest what browsers are you using? I use firefox with and without plugins depending which computer I use. This which rules out a plugin issue.

Posted

firefox v8 with various plug-ins.....I've just updated to v12 this morning, so I'll monitor it over the next few days