Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Favourite Mountain Range

Guest AnotherGuy

Guest AnotherGuy

Im fed up of weather! Its too depressing at times! Lets talk geography! What is your favourite mountain range! Im quite a fan of els galls in spain! They are a series of quite tall narrow mountains with adjacent hills known as les boles i suggest you all go! Sitting on top of the largest summit is an exhilirating experience!!!! I'll leave it for you guys to discuss :)

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

In the UK my choice would be the Ring Of Steall in the heart of the Mamores, a first class epic long day staying high up on the ridges with spectacular views over the Nevis Range and the Grey Corries. Ive done lots of wondering about in the hill's over the years, but on a crisp clear winters day it takes some beating.

733704.JPG

Scotland_RingofSteall_Lochaber.jpg

CMD on the Nevis Range tops 2nd for me, It's just such a slog getting up there, sort's the men from the boys out ! with fantastic views over the North Face of Ben Nevis.

devils-771385.jpg

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

For the ones I've been to, The Pyrénées and the Sierra Nevada (California) are my favourites sierras are very great for driving and have great rock formations, whilst the Pyrénées are beautiful for hiking and are scary as hell in a thunderstorm, if we are just talking U.K then it has to be Wales, that place was made for mountains.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero

Less a range and more an informal area of hills with a shared geology, but Torridon in Northwest Scotland gets my vote.

Monolithic hills rising from blanket bog, airy ridges, quartzite outcrops, sea views, sense of space and some of the most remote walking to be had in Scotland. Just stunning.

Edit: Actually I felt suitably inspired by this topic to post some more pics: http://benvironment.org.uk/post/23172593608/torridon

post-10976-0-03725100-1337177543_thumb.j

post-10976-0-50302300-1337177551_thumb.j

Edited by Scotster

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Nevis Range and Cairngorms

• 4 months later...
Posted

Been sorting my kit out for this winter season, im itching to get out now. I will post pics and info where i have been over the coming month's. Maybe Crib Goch ridge in Snowdon will be my first outing this season, just to get me warmed up, then look at Nevis Range.

Edited by Polar Maritime