Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 28th June 2012>

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Street lights on again, and the lightning is coming at a fair frequency again - is this round 2?

Posted

That was easily the best storm in Newcastle since the 19th June 2005, but I'd say the hail was larger this time. I'd love to know whether anyone got any pictures of the funnel cloud as mine are a bit poo, and whether anything touched down, probably north of Whitley Bay.

Your joking me, the 31st August 2005 storm was much better, I never recorded any hail during this storm and it never stayed true darkness for long unlike that storm! That storm was probably as close as a proper severe storm you will get!

I think this one was more on a par of 23rd September 2010 but probably more lightning for sure and this was from a CF and not a thundery shower, still its most certainly one of the better storms that for sure and the first overhead storm without low cloud being above for quite a long time.

Heavy rain starting again after a lull.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather.

hello all, im new to this forum, but have been lurking around for a while. Was extremily excited about todays prospects, esp given that im in one of the areas expecting some storms.

Was just wondering if there will be anything a bit later for my area, as ive seen nothing at all, (for quite some time sorry.gif ) ive took some amazing pics of the sky but had abso nothing of a thundery or even wet nature here, just horribly humid and sticky. cray.gif

many thanks in advance drinks.gif

(peterborough)

Thats what I want to know as the storms round here have sort of skirted around me. Im wondering when the Cold front passes through and will it set off storms again.

Posted

Looks like there is some more stuff forming behind the tail end of the system which just passed through here, might give Manchester something if it builds as quickly as the last one did.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Anything more for me do you think?

Posted

Thats what I want to know as the storms round here have sort of skirted around me. Im wondering when the Cold front passes through and will it set off storms again.

the storms passed about 30 miles to the north of me cray.gifcray.gifcray.gifsorry.gif seems to always happen here in peterborough, although while its still this horribly muggy, with all the activity around, i can still hope, just hoping someone could give me a heads up pleeeeaaaase xxx

Posted

Very nice roll cloud sweeping in - grabbed a photo :)

Posted

Just look at how strong the wind is suddenly!! Lightning less frequent than the last storm, about once every 5 seconds, but lots of CG strikes.

Deluge of rain started again. Water 3" deep in the garage now.

Edited by Alza

Posted

Looks like there is some more stuff forming behind the tail end of the system which just passed through here, might give Manchester something if it builds as quickly as the last one did.

Not sure, thunder stopped here and it is brightening up despite previous satellite imagery and the rainfall radar putting my location right in the path of this band.

Posted

After some lovely storms and nice, warm sunshine, I get a call to say my 7 year old cat has not woken up from the anaesthetic, absolutely distraught...

Posted

Even that storm pushing up through west Cheshire missed....looked a certainty to hit but it headed north, bucking the trend of all the other storms today which pushed east too quick. Couldn't make it up!

Not had much luck in recent years with the weather, missed snow events and now a chance of thunder.

Posted

Just witnessed a tree getting struck in Paddy Freemans Park - very very loud. Lots of car alarms going off.

Edited by Alza

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

After some lovely storms and nice, warm sunshine, I get a call to say my 7 year old cat has not woken up from the anaesthetic, absolutely distraught...

Sorry for your loss

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.

Really sticky here.. unbearable in fact. Hoping the front will provide a trigger?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

I'm pinning my hopes on the southern end of the line of storms clipping here during the next hour or two. It's going to be a close one! A bit more of an easterly movement would ease my nerves greatly!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Over 53,000 strikes in the last 24 hours...

Jk4T.jpg

Taken from the NW Extra ATD

http://www.netweathe...lightning;sess=

Free one here:

http://www.netweathe...lightning;sess=

How did i not hear anything!

Posted

This storm is probably better than the last for Jarrow, almost constant CG lightning, and extremely torrential rain

Posted

Completely passed through here without a drop of rain, all we have now is a drop in temperature, blue skies and an impressive view of a TCU to the north, huge but still not capped.

Edited by rob-lancs