Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 12th to 14th August 2012

Coast

Posted

In preston at the moment, not a single storm today so far, and the lightening detector seems to suggest that's the case across the country at the moment. Does anyone think things will pick up in terms of showers now the front has passed?

Posted

It's like a steamroom here after the rain at 1ish. It's steamy and humid, sun is out and wind has completely dropped! If ever it feels like a storm could brew its this afternoon!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I am now just outside Oldham and have to make a choice as to whether to head home or hang around a little longer. I think if nothing has started up in the next hour i shall consider calling it a day. Peak CAPE on GFS should be around now with it receding back by 6pm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Damn its hot out there!

Just been for a ride and i swear im burnt lol. Quite musty but clear. Good 90% humidity i recon.

Posted

3:50 and still no sferics. It's got to be now or never?

Edited by Darren Bown

Posted

3:50 and still no sferics. It's got to be now or never?

Just gone from clear blue skies to totally grey in 30 minutes here .... so it could be 'Now'

Posted

Actually have clear blue skies. At least I may catch some Perseid meteors tonight then ;)

Edit: watching the group of showers that are forming in South Cheshire.

Edited by Darren Bown

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Also looks dark and thundery to my south

Where are you Matty? Is your location a secret? rofl.gif Would you be so kind as to update your profile. good.gif

Posted

thundery shower that passed about 45 mins ago (no thunder yet) looks very mean now to the north east of me - someone could well get a nice electrical storm out of that - had mine last night and at 6am this morning!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Hi i'm new here, i love storms, snow and hot sunshine, i was told to come here from a group i found on facebook ukstormchasers i won't bring much techncal as i'm learning, but i'll try when i can, i found a useful link for weather stuff.

http://www.ukstormch...com/datacenter/

Welcome aboard Sonia, you will learn a lot from the clever buggers in here so do stick around.

While you're at it, would you be so kind as to update your profile to show your location. good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Showers developing now across Wales and one in Staffordshire. That one in Staffordshire could hit Manchester, although at present it is not thundery - but may be my chance to catch something.

Posted

Looking thundery around here now

It's 'make or break' time now.

There is a line of new showers forming as mentioned by Supacell. The line is roughly Chester, Crewe, Stafford, Tamworth.

The next 30 minutes should give a better indication of how it will play out !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Many

That group of showers over Powys looks like it will slide east of me, but Crewe and Manchester could be in for a good time if it keeps building.

Posted

lovely looking towers going up to the south and east of me - lots of potential - it may come to nothing though!

Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

hi guys anything moving to wards brum? So far not even a romble today just had some rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

Hi i'm new here, i love storms, snow and hot sunshine, i was told to come here from a group i found on facebook ukstormchasers i won't bring much techncal as i'm learning, but i'll try when i can, i found a useful link for weather stuff.

http://www.ukstormch...com/datacenter/

welcome SONIA SQUIRE ,just read plenty of posts ,theres also a net weather learning area and you can ask other posters questions on the forum ,we have many knowledgeable members . interesting period of weather coming up wed/thurs but locations and any severity is still uncertain ,enjoy the ride but its a big rollercoaster ,cheers legritter drinks.gif