Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Winter 2012 / 2013 Part 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

I have not posted any eye candy for a while so i will go in search of some now.........

November blocked all the way from the start until this.

cfs-0-846.png

May be a bit marginal, particularly in south given its for mid Nov but where it does snow there could be large amounts in a short space of time.

Then a bit zonal before a scandi block devlops in december but just a dry easterly mid dec.

Then another go from the east before a potent NE veering Northerly.

cfs-0-1968.png

A complete rasberry rippler for the start of jan - Snowmageddon, check out the uppers profile.

cfs-0-1992.png

http://www.meteociel...0&carte=0&run=3

cfs-2-1992.png

And another blast towards the end of feb.

cfs-0-3156.png

BANK.

Edited by feb1991blizzard

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

I have not posted any eye candy for a while so i will go in search of some now.........

November blocked all the way from the start until this.

cfs-0-846.png

doesnt matter, its a cold stratospherecray.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Evidence/proof to back up that? No one, not even in the Stratospheric thread has confirmed it like you seem to have just done

Posted

Stratosphere not looking good, cooling looking likely i believe cray.gif

read it again barry. its getting cold at the top (no sh*t sherlock, its mid october) but its also showing warming forecast lower down which, if verifying, would help disrupt vortex formation in the trop.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: erratic weather,week of v.heavy snow or cold

Interesting forecast of a colder winter http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Educati ... 102012.htm

Talks about the jet stream being very low , If we have an extreme case of blocking anticyclones does that put us in uncharted territory compared to other cold winters? And if so what is the potential or outcome overall for the winter, would it easy to be colder than previous daily ,weekly and monthly temperature records

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold.

read it again barry. its getting cold at the top (no sh*t sherlock, its mid october) but its also showing warming forecast lower down which, if verifying, would help disrupt vortex formation in the trop.

Very possibly all that extra heat stored in the water up north having an effect in the upper atmosphere as some have said. If we do get a SSW event, I would say the record Ice melt has had a hand in it.

And as mentioned above, the GFS is proging a very messy vortex out in FI. Will have to keep checking the charts as we get closer to November to see if the models continue this trend or if the Vortex starts to tank the red bull.

Posted

Evidence/proof to back up that? No one, not even in the Stratospheric thread has confirmed it like you seem to have just done

No need to bite my head off, just my views. Not everyone forecasts a cold winter every year.

Edited by Barry95

Posted

So who do we believe then about whats in store for winter,Joe laminate floori, RJS or GP ?

none of them.... and all of them.... at this stage, any one of them could be right....

Posted

none of them.... and all of them.... at this stage, any one of them could be right....

who is the better forecaster though, i hope GP and joe are right, i don't like what is coming from RJS, but i won't discount it just because he is forecasting a cooler stratosphere

Edited by Snowy Easterlies

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Now or then? Have you seen the future and where is this evidence? search.gif

I'm not getting at you because you may well be correct. drinks.gif

Edit: seems like Daniel beat me to it. rofl.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Now or then? Have you seen the future and where is this evidence? search.gif

I'm not getting at you because you may well be correct. drinks.gif

My forecasts cost a tenner, sorry.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

No need to bite my head off, just my views. Not everyone forecasts a cold winter every year.

I wasn't biting your head off, I was just asking for evidence. To make a bold statement like that, you must surely have something to back it up with?

Posted

I wasn't biting your head off, I was just asking for evidence. To make a bold statement like that, you must surely have something to back it up with?

it was a joke rofl.gif

Posted

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE:

All this ramping, very frustrating. I love cold and snow, but we are month and a half away from real deep winter. We've been here before....

I know all the signals are there, but please please, let's wait until mid November at least before we start getting all excited!!! I have a bad feeling about how this will all pan out!

Edited by Rocheydub

Posted

who is the better forecaster though, i hope GP and joe are right, i don't like what is coming from RJS, but i won't discount it just because he is forecasting a cooler stratosphere

i think i'll leave that question open to the forum.... any takers?......

Posted

There is another forecaster on NW called Brickfielder (Not sure of his real name), i seem to remember him being cautious about last february's cold spell lasting very long in the strat thread because of the direction of fluxes not being favourable or something, he turned out right, wonder if he is still around.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

My forecasts cost a tenner, sorry.

Why would anybody pay for any forecast? If you require a short-term or long-range conclusion, such details can be disseminated from the various posters’ on-topic opinions of current output etc.

That is my general view, anyhow.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

CFS is balls! surely it churns out winter snowfest charts every 0ct? even last 0ct when virtually all of nov-Feb was mild

Posted

anyone fancy a pint?.....

Already having one, as every night, not making my liver damage any better but **** it you only like once, just hope i see a stonking winter!!!

Edited by feb1991blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & Snow

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE:

All this ramping, very frustrating. I love cold and snow, but we are month and a half away from real deep winter. We've been here before....

I know all the signals are there, but please please, let's wait until mid November at least before we start getting all excited!!! I have a bad feeling about how this will all pan out!

There's nothing wrong with getting excited about the upcoming winter! Just ignore the comments you find overly ramp-y. Where's Ian Brown?