Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

http://www.weather.c...ows/live-stream Don't know if this has been posted yet but you can watch the Weather Channel Live.

It's even been said on here that Sandy will impact the Great Lakes, I thought they were several hundred miles inland. Posted Image

Maybe with the snow? ....

Posted

Am sorry and i dont mean to giggle but one viewer has sent a video into the weather channel of big waves on carolina coast.....Sorry but really these arent big waves ...(YET..caveat)....you should live in the UK off the cornish coast or wait til later matey...infact dont wait and video later matey ..hows about evacuate instead....

http://www.weather.com/weather/videos/news-41/top-stories-169/deer-trapped-in-surf-from-sandy-31949

PB

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Luckily this deer was saved......poor thing

http://www.weather.c...rom-sandy-31949

That is a very valid point too PB. As it is never nice to see human suffering from these monster storms, the impacts of the wildlife will be even longer lasting. It is at times like these that we all realise how miniscule our role on this planet truly is.

Maybe with the snow? ....

Most probably but I wasn't listening at the time. Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Sandy hasnt even got close yet and there is flooding already and high winds. Reports in that people arent evacuating. And making comments like " go down with my ship" oh for goodness sake. This isnt a movie. Evacuate - there is a reason why you have been asked to evacuate. Grrrrrrr.

I recckon us humans become less intelligent when searching for the ultimate buzz, in this case, by riding out the storm. Perhaps, that's the American way, so let's kick Sandy's ass.

• Like 1

Posted

Hmm yes the animals and wildlife really do bear the brunt... and people with pets and lifestock I hope that they alll take precautions to make them comfortable and safe ...Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted

Hello,

Its already Windy here in Southern NB, and we are not due to get hit full force with this event, thankfully, however, with the wind direction we will get Winds of 80 to 100 km tonight through tomorrow. I have my supplies, as we will lose power....it never fails to go out. :-)

Debs

• Like 2

Posted

over

Hmm yes the animals and wildlife really do bear the brunt... and people with pets and lifestock I hope that they alll take precautions to make them comfortable and safe ...Posted ImagePosted Image

Yes, it is at times like these that humans come to respect nature in all its awe. Okay, I would say that, being a natural history nerd but there you go. Posted Image

The storm impacts, both short-term and longer term will inevitably be the loss of human life, natural, financial and structural damage over many hundreds of miles of land. Posted Image So, despite my earlier comments, the storm may actually deserve the hype afterall. Posted Image

Live chasers on the coast

http://www.ustream.t.../chasercam-live

Nice one Paul. Posted Image

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Unconfirmed recon of sub 940mb pressure so sandy is still strengthening....

Sandy is comfortably the lowest pressure storm for tht region ever recorded.

Hurricane Hunter measuring pressure at 940mb, with sustained winds of 90mph gusting to 100+

Latest nam shows a slot of 110mph surface winds sustained coming ashore straight in statin region.

Posted

The latest update from the Met Office blog makes for interesting viewing, more especially for thsoe of us new to this hurricane malarkey. Posted Image

Do please keep the updates coming guys n gals. Posted Image

Posted

Not sure why the NHC are holding off upgrading Sandy to CAT2, despite the tropical influences still embedded within the core and literally on the US Doorstep. Quite odd.

Posted

Latest Recon - 90mph sustained winds and mimimal central pressure 943 ins..... (apologies if you have already seen this) ...

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/MIATCPAT3+shtml/291439.shtml

General chat on the newslinks is that around 4pm, EDT (8pm GMT) then it will be nearing the peak gusts....apparently .....