Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Apologies Doc, I must have saved the wrong one when editing the post, Traffic Scotland still precious about hot linking things.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

You have just waisted my nite with

That chart captain lorenzo.

Not sure which one you mean skyeblue ? If it is the NMM snowfall chart, don't worry a lot can change in 12-18 hours as the summary states the exact position of the low as it encounters the cold air pool can modify the geography for snowfall considerably.

Had a chuckle when I spotted this on facebook from someone in the NorthSea..

'You know Winter's here when you see one of these floating past your rig...'

post-7292-0-86495700-1354393843_thumb.jp

Edited by lorenzo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

From the Meto Warnings page.

A frontal system will move eastwards into the UK later on Sunday and into Monday morning. As this frontal system meets very cold air already over many parts of the UK, the rain is expected to turn to snow across northern areas. The extent to which rain turns to snow is very dependent on its timing and intensity hence the situation remains finely balanced. However, at present it looks as if the greatest risk of significant snow is over the northern half of the Yellow area. The situation will be monitored so please watch for possible updates to this warning.

The NMM insistent on making the central belt an ice rink..

post-7292-0-68762300-1354391379_thumb.pn

NAE For The Win !!

I'm sticking with the NAE, I know I've said the NMM precip. type charts are pretty good but the dewpoints that it shows are, for most of us, about 0-2C at highest, and given that it has consistently overegged dewpoints by 1-2C, those would generally be good enough for snow.

Posted

Watched an earlier BBC weather forecast. Said "transient" snow during Sunday night/Monday morning. Do I call BS ?

Mmmm where have I heard that before!!!!

Posted

They are hidden in the depths of the Model Thread, Big Innes and Ross linked them earlier on this thread to save you having to don the Hazmat.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

0C and dry (ok, there's been a few damp bits)... Think I'll be doing what SS suggests tomorrow evening - driving to work in the snow! Should be entertaining in northern Sutherland...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

bbc still going for the snow turning to rain early Mon morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: North Atlantic cyclogenesis

....yes, mentioning places such as Cardiff or Plymouth reaching 6 to 9c by Monday, forgetting deep inland (far away from the west) has been cold for days now.

May I mention the word "stall" ? good.gif

Posted

STV went for snow "as low as 400m"

???

That really isn't very low. Am I missing something?

STV kind of gave the impression that they were forecasting for Sunday, then Monday mid morning onwards. National weather didn't even get to overnight Sunday on-wards.

Posted

Mondy where the hell did u get that handle from. Did

U come home fae the Chippy pished .fall asleep and drop ure fag into ure

Supper

Posted

just been out (on foot) to collect jnr it's snowing heavily and it's one of those quiet,could "listen" to the snowfall all night nights.. whereas an hour ago it was frozen/crunchy underfoot

Edited by Snooz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

just -0.5c here...was at dunfermiline earlier and some frozen snow cover in parts there.... fleck all happening here....clear and frosty and still none the wiser about tomorrow night

await LS whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

just -0.5c here...was at dunfermiline earlier and some frozen snow cover in parts there.... fleck all happening here....clear and frosty and still none the wiser about tomorrow night

await LS whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Summary in full to come tomorrow through the day: basically looks like somewhere under 300m is very likely to get 2-4 inches, most places seeing snow initially (quite a large margin of error on that one) but the length and depth of snowfall is very much up in the air.

Posted

Now -5C at Glasgow Airport - with 8 hours till sunrise there's still plenty of time for the coldest temperature of year. The latest BBC forecast suggests some initial snow, mainly across the high ground before quickly turning back to rain.