Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Very frosty here tonight. The cars were iced over by 7pm.

Posted

December 18th 2010 was an absolute stonker here in Solihull, the best snow event since Feb 1991. Very localized however; I seem to remember some very grumpy posts from places like Rubgy and Bedworth complaining of seeing next to nothing.

Bish

post-13544-0-78779800-1354651726_thumb.j

Posted

None of those showers to the northwest of the region not set to produce anything? Seem to be closing in atm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WHITE GOLD

December 18th 2010 was an absolute stonker here in Solihull, the best snow event since Feb 1991. Very localized however; I seem to remember some very grumpy posts from places like Rubgy and Bedworth complaining of seeing next to nothing.

Bish

Remember that bish, think it was nick-named the cov blob !! anyone else remember!!

Posted

None of those showers to the northwest of the region not set to produce anything? Seem to be closing in atm.

Places north-west of us have been reporting rain so far...I would expect just light patchy rain at this point of the evening.

Posted

So whats the prediction for the Birmingham area for tonight / tomorrow guys ?

And what about for the next couple of days please ?

Appreciate the forecasts as planning weather to go to work or not...

Posted

Remember that bish, think it was nick-named the cov blob !! anyone else remember!!

I remember as i was in the cov blob. But being in cov you kind of get used to it.But i also remember 1990 when i had about a foot to have that again would be a miracle Edited by skyblusam

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Thye forecast heavy rain with a chance of sleet in 1990 and we got 2.2 foot of snow!!

Funny that twice as much as I measured just 6 miles awayohmy.png

(You have to take account of drifting.)

Edited by TonyH

Posted

Hmmm...maybe I'm wrong..conditions do seem more favourable for something else. Not sure what uppers are like right now. Could be interesting...got to get the precipitation in first anyway.

Posted

I remember as i was in the cov blob. But being in cov you kind of get used to it.But i also remember 1990 when i had about a foot to have that again would be a miracle

We can dream, but you never know.

Cov are 0-0 at HT with Sheff U

Posted

Hmmm...maybe I'm wrong..conditions do seem more favourable for something else. Not sure what uppers are like right now. Could be interesting...got to get the precipitation in first anyway.

Yea case of see what the radar looks like in a couple of hours.

Posted

Think any snow possibilities will be well after midnight. It was near zero before the rain arrived earlier this evening, quickly rose to 3c once the rain set in, bit of a warm sector at play.

Posted

We can dream, but you never know.

Cov are 0-0 at HT with Sheff U

I do dream but dont think i will see that in coventry again in my lifetime.Got headphones in for cov game streaming man city and browsing here who says men cant multitask lol

Posted

Up the City!

Posted

Few reports of sleet/snow in the northwest now. If we have temps of -2 before precip arrives even a bit of a rise may nt matter. Case of nowcasting

Posted

Think any snow possibilities will be well after midnight. It was near zero before the rain arrived earlier this evening, quickly rose to 3c once the rain set in, bit of a warm sector at play.

Thanks for that...interesting observation. Sure the same will happen here. Pesky warm sectors!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

LOL the Cov Blob! Yes I do remember only too well, watching it move on the radar! Good times. :D Hopeful of a sprinkling of snow up here on the Malverns by morning.

Posted

Temp just gone up a notch here(1.2 now) lol hope thats not the final score with City.rofl.gif

Up AGAIN !!! warm sector!!

Edited by Fozfoster

Posted

We need a second foz

And a 3rd, 4th and 5th.rofl.gif

Keep me updated fella

Edited by Fozfoster