Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion 12z 27/11/2012

phil nw.

yes the NH is better this year, but people have been saying that all month and what have we gained from it ? nothing, i think people take too much notice of the NH and don't see whats actually happening on this island

The NH charts drive what happens on this island (and the littler one next to us for our Irish/N.I. cousins), people should be looking at them. If we're sitting having the same conversation three months from now after a whole winter of near misses then fair enough, but it's not even December yet. Have patience SE!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)

All I see for the majority of the uk is increasingly cold, dry and bright/sunny for the rest of this week and weekend with widespread frosts and some freezing fog with a few wintry showers to N/E coasts , beyond that is FI and anything can happen...apart from a flip back to mild.smile.png

Posted

The NH charts drive what happens on this island (and the littler one next to us for our Irish/N.I. cousins), people should be looking at them. If we're sitting having the same conversation three months from now after a whole winter of near misses then fair enough, but it's not even December yet. Have patience SE!

true but blocking does not guarantee uk cold and snow, so we could see a big fat greenie high, and we could still be on the mild side of it if other things don't fall into place, i saw plenty of examples of this in the ensembles over the past couple of weeks

theres isn't an ensemble archive is there ?

Edited by Snowy Easterlies

Posted

yes the NH is better this year, but people have been saying that all month and what have we gained from it ? nothing, i think people take too much notice of the NH and don't see whats actually happening on this island

Winter has not even started yet!

The models are just models, and not the weather forecast.

The ECM showing great potential this morning, and just look at the cold pool over Europe and Russia.

http://www.meteociel...0-240.GIF?28-12

The position of the low coming into the UK over the Atlantic next week is far from nailed, and could bring us a nice easterly.

Far too much doom from the early watchers this morning.

Edited by snow is falling

Posted

It's like deja-vu this morning, can we keep it to the models in here, it's getting to the stage where some people who continually post off topic posts aren't going to post in here any longer. That would be a shame, but the greater shame is the way that those same people continue to ruin the thread for others, so it's now a case of either we all take responsibility for our own posts in here or the team will need to take further action.

And as a second thought, am going to lock this one now and start a new one for today.