Coast

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

I need to get a scraper with a longer handle I think!

i just chuck a bucket of tepid water on it then use windscreen wipers

if anyone tries this ONLY use tepid water, hot water will crack your windscreen.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Good on you GTLTW for putting a tick in the ground! I'm still undecided but tending towards rain the further South you go in our region - if it does turn out that way it could be a lot of rain too.

Next week? It's all up in the air as far as I'm concerned! unsure.png

#wewantsnowandlotsofitintheseplease

Yes Coast, unfortunately the uppers are projected to be a wee bit too high to start off and then lower as the wind backs around and the depression moves off. As if to confirm this, my Temperature in CSE is currently 1.9c, which is the highest its been all day. The rainband is still a good couple of hours away from my location so my earlier timings may well need adjusting.

As for next week, it is pretty much nailed now I would say, its just a case of how cold the flow actually gets. clapping.gif

Posted

Latest NW Extra radar grab shows it to be mostly rain currently:

post-6667-0-03410200-1354811528_thumb.jp

If you've not got the radar package, now is the time to get it - treat yourself to an early Xmas pressie, you'll want it for next week!

Posted

Good evening everyone - hope everyone had an enjoyable day at work, unlike me!

Haven't had chance to trawl through all the pages - any updates? Is snowmaggedon still on for late next week? I guess there's been a small inevitable downgrade - those charts must've been too good to be true?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

Not looking forward to going 10 miles to work next week on my scooter at 230 am then do my milk round could be fun ;0)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

back then i do believe you was responsible for your path and the path outside you front gate!!(dont quote me on that tho!) So if somebody slipped outside your front garden you could be held responsible for there injuries!.. but now the council is now in chardge of clearing all paths and roads, and also i think it was the same case with burst pipes??

Back then you were responsible… Period.

Posted

Latest NW Extra radar grab shows it to be mostly rain currently:

post-6667-0-03410200-1354811528_thumb.jp

If you've not got the radar package, now is the time to get it - treat yourself to an early Xmas pressie, you'll want it for next week!

wont need it if you live in the SW mind!

Posted

I remember that so well. I was living in westcliff at the time and the snow was mad. I have a video of it too and it came up to my thighs (I was also quite young at the time) but its somethig i will never forget. I always remind my mum and dad who still live there about it and use it in reference..amazing times.

Whist im sure this winter will deliver something of note, i doubt we will get that much. On a side note, if you or Paul are ever in the leigh area on sundays then come to the bootsale at the station car park. Its mine, so im sure i can sort you out a burger lol

I was living away from home but my mother told me she walked in the snow thigh high across Priory Park to work at what was Access. That was the winter that Victoria Avenue turned into an ice sheet and mother slid across the crossing by the park gates on her bottom and was nearly crushed by a lorry.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

My next door neighbour but one has a burst pipe. There is water gushing everywhere, but there is no-one home. sad.png

there should be a small cast iron flap on the path directly outside their house (it goes down to a tap) lift it up and turn the water off - failing that call the water co and they'll do it.. If that happened while I was was away I'd apreciate it very much (-;

Edited by Pixel Precipitation

Posted

Gfs being too proactive with atlantic on 12z! No surprises there..... Does not like it when it tries to orientate scandi highs..... I dont think t will pan out as the 12z suggests thats for sure.... ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

my radar has it turning green as its gets into ea,all i had was green when i gotta inch covering yesterday.

Posted

Its kicking off in the model threads againaggressive.gif.. as usual you get the mild rampers coming in when the 12z shows an atlantic winning front crashing in at A WEEK AWAY!!..rofl.gif

Posted

Extremely light sleety rain here..... Definate flakes visible but temp is rising..... Looking forwrd to tomorrow mornings feature....

Ps edit that moderate rain with few flakey bits..... Temp upto 3.5c..... Rain tonight then the feature moving behind down the east coast is the issue the bbc and gfs are pointing towrds tomorrow for the se and ea!

Edited by willinkent44

Posted

my radar has it turning green as its gets into ea,all i had was green when i gotta inch covering yesterday.

Fingers crossed, somebody might get lucky tonight! wink.png

post-6667-0-28361700-1354812667_thumb.jp

Let's hope for some snow tonight. A long shot I know. Cold (4-5c) rain is awful weather. Always annoying to see the forecast as very cold but rain over the SE then turn to a mass of white as it crosses the channel and hits the European mainland as the BBC forecast shows tonight.

Edited by SF-02

Posted

there should be a small cast iron flap on the path directly outside their house (it goes down to a tap) lift it up and turn the water off - failing that call the water co and they'll do it.. If that happened while I was was away I'd apreciate it very much (-;

Just got back from speaking to the neighbour on the other side. They have contacted them and on the way home. Will go and see if I can find the tap, thank you.

Posted

Well the MOD thread is the complete opposite (mood wise) compared to this time yesterday.

But most of us knew that today would show different to those epic runs yesterday.

I know it goes without saying but I still find it absolutely ridiculous how some members take each run as gospel and never look at the overal trend/outcome instead their looking at detail.

The 12z shows the Atlantic storming in at 168hr and of course you can imagine the posts on the mod thread: it's just insane. That will not happen and I'll tell you why?

1. It's FI and will show different tomorrow

2. It goes against the tele connections

The 12z in the reliable shows it getting cold. Whether its from a slack easterly or a beast it's going to get cold.

It's going to snow, at least across our region, in the form of showers/troughs/ low pressure - we don't know yet.

So... The 12z in the reliable still shows the cold heading our way and the detail will continue to change day after day... Just look in the space of 24hrs how much has changed in detail on the models.

I'll say again - the cold is on its way/ it's going to get cold.... DON'T LOOK AT DETAIL beyond 96hrs - it's a waste of your life.... Look at the TREND

Remember 2010 folks? 3 suprise snowfalls happened in the SE, from memory one of them just 6hrs out.

My little rant over, lol. Think I definetely need to stop reading the mod thread now and stick with my region.

Posted

Let's hope for some snow tonight. A long shot I know. Cold (4-5c) rain is awful weather. Always annoying to see the forecast as very cold but rain over the SE then turn to a mass of white as it crosses the channel and hits the European mainland as the BBC forecast shows tonight.

It's heartbreaking, I saw that earlier. The continent literally just turns white.

Our turn next week ;-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Is that what they show, that is good news indeed, when considering next weeks fun and games, bring it on!

Posted

Just got back from speaking to the neighbour on the other side.

thank you.

XCOM%20aliens%202.jpg

Did they forecast a future full of snow and ice and travel chaos or a warm wet winter?

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

temp 2.8

dp 1.0

how do i add a "member title"?

i can only find an option to change my "display name" is that the same thing?