Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Model Mayhem - Moan, Ramp, Go Nuts

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

good afternoon everyone, well here we go again in the hunt for cold and snow. im hoping for a nice long cold shot but have this bad feeling its going to go wrong.

Me too, really hoping for some decent snow/cold (even a week of it), gut feeling says couple days max though. Have a feeling might see more cold in Feb.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters, warm sunny summers.

Me too, really hoping for some decent snow/cold (even a week of it), gut feeling says couple days max though. Have a feeling might see more cold in Feb.

Yep, models for next week are now rubbish, which is a shame. They were very good and looked like something really special for a couple of days.

Oh well, another one gone pear shaped.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy weather in winter, dry and warm weather in summer

Its called fantasy ireland for a reason..anything can happen in 168 hours - especially because of caos theory :)

im not following you i swear! rofl.gif

Fantasy Ireland? My country is real! :D

Posted

History has taught me to never believe in model output unless its 48 hours away. It really is pointless because of the multiple factors coming together to produce the holy grail called snow. Every 4 hours is a different scenario.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Yep, models for next week are now rubbish, which is a shame. They were very good and looked like something really special for a couple of days.

Not totally conviced by the GFS yet though....might just be hopecasting but the background signals are different to December. If I see snow cover this weekend and it lasts 48 hours then thats miles better than nothing at all :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

One model is now rubbish longer term, the rest still look fine, and that one model is still pretty snowy up to Monday or Tuesday.

Posted

Nurse

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SnOw and SuMmEr!!! :D

havent been on here in ages what did i miss ohhhh! lol its all looking good so hopefully we will see some good accumulations

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Well thats it, cold spell cancelled. News night just on covering tomorrows headlines in the daily rags, -15 snow for 3 or 4 weeks, nothing down for the cold spell now, kiss of death?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

He we go again, i do wish i wasnt so obsessed with the weather. everytime something interesting is going to happen i come here, i swear i jinx it though because it always fizzles out. I refrained myself from coming on netweather for the past 3 years and we had 3 good winters. Im not superstitious btw. Rant over :)

Posted

Well thats it, cold spell cancelled. News night just on covering tomorrows headlines in the daily rags, -15 snow for 3 or 4 weeks, nothing down for the cold spell now, kiss of death?

We all thought the same Jan, would certainly be a typical fare.

Posted

Heres a question.

If it were the UKMO, ECM and pretty much every other model suite going showing MILD, with the GFS on its own showing COLD. What side would we plump for?

The answer is obvious. So not sure why I have just post this to be honest!

Posted

I'd plump for Mild, although I don't have a bias. As a man who likes a flutter, playing the percentages is what it is all about. If I was a bookies I'd be placing odds in favor of cold.....It's like Ronnie O Sullivan playing Martin Gould at snooker, you'd expect him to win but if he's not on his game, Gould is capable of beating him.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

GFS is like a flip flop in a chip shop at the moment. From my observations over the years, whenever a potential cold set up is on the cards, GFS spots the potential in FI, withdraws the idea, reinstates the idea, goes Pete Tong then comes back on board within the 72 hour time frame, especially if all the other models are still predicting cold within the same timeframe. And this is one of those times blum.gif

GFS - Good @ Forecasting Snow (within the 72hr timeframe)

ECMWF - Exciting Cold Modelling Without Fear

UKMO - U K Modelling Outsider (just kidding) acute.gif

Next week, the weather will be very cold and snowy, nationwide, guaranteed tease.gif

Edited by Fitzwis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather

So yet another massive watering down from snowmageddon! Laughable really, might as well read a plate of spaghetti as take as gospel the computer models. What a tragic waste of our lives hanging off every model run for what ends up to be a couple of vaguely frosty nights!

Posted

One thing is for sure, when we do find out what's going on either the ECM or the GFS will be getting kicked firmly to the kerb for the rest of winter.