Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Southwest & Central Southern England Regional Discussion

gottolovethisweather

Posted

Temperature still around 4C here & forecast to only drop to 2C overnight. Looks like the very short lived cold snap is over here already rolleyes.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

This is going to be the last cold & frosty night now for quite some time, quite possibly up until the new year purely based on tonight's output.

Make the most of it, I am, I'm currently washing my car and breathing in the last breaths of cold, crisp air.

For those of us that don't mind other weather, there looks to be some potent depressions coming our way with high wind speeds & no doubt some interesting squall features associated with them, obviously we won't know details until much nearer the time.

For cold/snow hunters only, have an extended Christmas holiday is the best I can suggest, there won't be nothing here that will make you happy this side of Christmas at the very least.

Edited by AWD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

IF talking about "snizzle" on the Points west forecast. I'm sure that term was invented on the weather forums, lol.

Posted

Well the SW may be in trouble up to christmas with potential disruptive weather again in prone areas like somerset.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Currently -1.1c and falling here.

Posted

IF talking about "snizzle" on the Points west forecast. I'm sure that term was invented on the weather forums, lol.

Introduced as a proposed formal meteorological term in a 2009 paper authored by 2 University of Reading Meteorologists

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Introduced as a proposed formal meteorological term in a 2009 paper authored by 2 University of Reading Meteorologists

What is Snizzle? Would it be light Sleet? The other one do not know is grauple Edited by cerneman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

What is Snizzle? Would it be light Sleet? The other one do not know is grauple

no, light sleet is Slizzle â„¢ ....and I invented that name in the Midlands regional thread 3 years ago.....and I will sue if necessary laugh.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

Happy Xmas and new year everybody..see u all when we have a sniff of the cold stuff :-)....which by looks of it could be a while.....god I hate the mild weather ughhhh

Posted

no, light sleet is Slizzle â„¢ ....and I invented that name in the Midlands regional thread 3 years ago.....and I will sue if necessary laugh.png

I am originally from Birmingham, So maybe you give me permission use your invention?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I am originally from Birmingham, So maybe you give me permission use your invention?

maybe I'll license it.....for a small fee of course....lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Ian

It wasnt the Met Office Xmas Party today by any chance was it ??? rofl.gif

The Warnings Map looks very dodgy - Judge for yourself! help.gif

I thought it was just the SPC Who drew up these Charts for us all to laugh at!

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=map

Well I must say that is one way of getting more people to take heed of warnings! I've posted the link on Facebook so do let us know if you get a peak in website traffic at MetOffice.... :)

Posted

maybe I'll license it.....for a small fee of course....lol

OK deal done, you have the word of a Brummie, So excited now just waiting oppertunity to use my new licensed word LOL

Posted

OK deal done, you have the word of a Brummie, So excited now just waiting oppertunity to use my new licensed word LOL

judging by the 12z output, sometime in 2013...lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Lets just hope it doesnt end up being december 2013... lazy.gif

I know real winter is january/february but i think because the hardest part of winter in last 5 years has trended early especialy the brutal november/december it just feels like winters on way out after new year recently with increasing strengh of sun and so on. lets hope for more traditional cold winter later this time around.

Edited by mullender83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Good evening all, maybe pizzle? Might be (a polite) appropriate for the next potential 2weeks of wet weather that may be coming our way.

On a more serious note though, i hope it doesn't rain to much for the poor people of the levels and other prone areas as would be nice if everyone could have some sort of normality over Christmas.

Posted

By look of models at moment, think word used maybe rain, I have licensed word you could use for rain,, Trouble would not get through swear block,

Posted

Lets just hope it doesnt end up being december 2013... lazy.gif

I know real winter is january/february but i think because the hardest part of winter in last 5 years has trended early especialy the brutal november/december it just feels like winters on way out after new year recently with increasing strengh of sun and so on. lets hope for more traditional cold winter later this time around.

The year after I moved to Dorset, We had the Blizzard of Feb 1978, I was shell shocked never seen so much snow especially after told never snows much in Dorset

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Happy Xmas and new year everybody..see u all when we have a sniff of the cold stuff :-)....which by looks of it could be a while.....god I hate the mild weather ughhhh

Oh yes, it can get a bit monotonous, just like how the model runs are taken as gospel and the weather unfolds immaculately accurate as predicted by them. help.gifsorry.gif

I don't know why folk follow the models IF what they churn out is interpretated as being accurate, each and every time. By the way, from what I can see, based on just the GFS 12z is a solid trend to some milder stuff but equally some cooler and temporarily drier interludes, well whatever..... does it matter, winters over. rofl.gif

FI is most probably sitting at about the 18th December so the general trend can be fairly accurately relied upon up to then, but NOT thereafter. smiliz39.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Don't you start. acute.gifhelp.gif

Posted

TEMPERATURES CLIMBING NOW +2.5c

Yep, the warmer uppers are already slowly working their way in, unfortunately so for us coldies. sad.png

Posted

Its not especially good practice to be commenting as the PUB RUN is mid run and unfolding, however the latest GFS is stumbling about like a drunk, come the date aforementioned in my previous post.

The 18th December literally is a stumbling block right now, it could be the return to a cooler trend and perhaps a case of look EAST once again, from there on in. At least, like the "winters over" posts in the MOD thread and elsewhere, this is becoming a consistent trend too. friends.gif

A large straw to clutch, but let's hope its just the start of some more model madness. biggrin.png

-2c here

-2.8c here and that was after the minuteist scraping of an ICE day at -0.1c.