• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

It's also worth making the point that even those areas that see rain will likely get some snow to follow.

I'd imagine some big falls to the east of the transition line.

Will no doubt all change tommorow anyway so I wouldn't get too concerned tonight.

Jason

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Oxford-

Reading-

Basingstoke-

across down to

Worthing in that sort of line-

Last one-

this is the area/ line where the WBPT becomes marginal- slightly above freezing if you will so the there will be a transition the further west you go from snow to sleet to poss rain - that transition zone is probably 50-75 miles -

so for example reading may have snow- Newbury may have sleet-

Along my line it may be snow falling but still melting on the ground ( EXC the downs etc)-

IRRESPECTIVE OF ALL FAX & MODELS we will not know until around T6 when we see the track & intensity of the band.,.

I fully expect to see +80% of the region get snow cover its just the 20% of the western fringes that are a risk-

S

Just quickly made this on my mac, very rough circle but perhaps within this zone for snow. Must stress very quickly wittled together smile.png and the zone to the north can certainly expect snow, just couldn't include it in a circle

post-9962-0-08139500-1358017706_thumb.jp

mappage.tiff

Edited by Jezzer

Posted

Oxford-

Reading-

Basingstoke-

across down to

Worthing in that sort of line-

Last one-

this is the area/ line where the WBPT becomes marginal- slightly above freezing if you will so the there will be a transition the further west you go from snow to sleet to poss rain - that transition zone is probably 50-75 miles -

so for example reading may have snow- Newbury may have sleet-

Along my line it may be snow falling but still melting on the ground ( EXC the downs etc)-

IRRESPECTIVE OF ALL FAX & MODELS we will not know until around T6 when we see the track & intensity of the band.,.

I fully expect to see +80% of the region get snow cover its just the 20% of the western fringes that are a risk-

S

Thanks very much Steve, I know you can't guarantee it, but it's nice to have an idea.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

But guys, the BBC forecasts are suggesting it could be really marginal, and mainly rain in the SE, surely they're never wrong?>???? wink.png

Hi mate

the beeb casts are delayed and usually based on previous runs....the latest UKMO has snow for us from 3am on Monday morn until 6am on Tuesday morn...we should be ok

Posted

Met office 5 day gives me nothing

Are you guys referring to the one where you put in your locations and it gives you symbols and a kind of individual forecast??

If so they used to be computer generated and as about reliable as a handbrake on a battleship. The 5 Day regional text forecasts much more accurate/reliable/sort of going to happen.

Posted

Hi mate

the beeb casts are delayed and usually based on previous runs....the latest UKMO has snow for us from 3am on Monday morn until 6am on Tuesday morn...we should be ok

Hello Lloyd!

I must admit, I was being sarcastic, after seeing previous posts getting so worked up over out of date BBC forecasts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: We've hit the giant daddy jackpot!

Just quickly made this on my mac, very rough circle but perhaps within this zone for snow. Must stress very quickly wittled together smile.png and the zone to the north can certainly expect snow, just couldn't include it in a circle

Initially excluding coastal fringes up to 3 miles inland (except over 400m). Then turning to snow even here in the very early hours of Tuesday morning.

Posted

Paul- you know sleet was a wind up-

the chance of sleet is currently along a line west of london curve sse away down to west sussex where the slightly milder air bends on the curvature of the isolines-

essex / suffolk all fine, kent fine, surrey/hampshire/west london etc possibly borderline

S

So west Sussex will not get any snow.?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Okay as it stands anybody east of reading - snow anybody east of say bath to reading - sleet I would say and of course west of bath rain

NOOOOOOOO....so close....why do i have to be in west reading help.gifsad.png

Posted

Well done, puts it into perspective nicely.

Posted

My observations: +2.5c currently. Dew point -1.3c. Sleety stuff blowing around. Air pressure 1000.5 hPa (up slightly). Weather indication - drier, sunnier (looks about right for tomorrow)

An interesting week ahead (that's my guess not what the new weather station says!)

AS