Snowangel-MK

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

It appears to be turning back on itself over Newcastle on Raintoday. Bring on round two! (hopefully)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 6ft snow or 30°C sunshine...

What's the chances of us in the far west of West Yorkshire getting some more of the white stuff? Had a couple of cm's this morning/ lunchtime but its melted on the paths, and has had a fairly rapid melt on the grass up until now. I know the temp is dropping so what we've got we'll probably keep now, but I'm sure I seen that we're due some more tonight!

Also, is there something big brewing for this weekend? Saw some pretty big percentage rates for snow over a 24 hr period from Friday morning, but it appears to have been pushed back and downgraded! :-(

Posted

Everything has been downgraded now on bbc weather, looks like that's it for us for the foreseeable future

Posted

What's the chances of us in the far west of West Yorkshire getting some more of the white stuff? Had a couple of cm's this morning/ lunchtime but its melted on the paths, and has had a fairly rapid melt on the grass up until now. I know the temp is dropping so what we've got we'll probably keep now, but I'm sure I seen that we're due some more tonight!

Also, is there something big brewing for this weekend? Saw some pretty big percentage rates for snow over a 24 hr period from Friday morning, but it appears to have been pushed back and downgraded! :-(

Entire cold spell seems to be a bit of a downgrade. I'm a bit disappointed but at least its cold and snowy

Posted

Nobody really knows whats going to happen at the end of the week smile.png

Well said.For the moment i'm very happy to have got a covering of snow, and i'm looking forward to some very low temps in the coming days.

Posted

looks like the raintoday radar has the front moving off in the next hour or so, This front has scooted across quicker than i thought. My best guess was the front would leave around 19.00ish but there we go.

Anyways 2" i guess out there but as for snow on the main roads we have had it much worse, I think ice will be the main hazard overnight.

PS has anyone seen a gritter out??? because ive not seen a single one.

LO

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Seems to be finishing here, I have about 4 cm.

As Lincs Obs says above, I thought this would last longer.

Nice, pretty covering anyway.

B. :)

Posted

http://www.metoffice...-1.62&lat=53.51

Recent update on the met office that looks like just as the front has moved right east the pivot will happen and will spread back southwards!

If its right its looking good smile.png

Wonder if this will hit south Yorks again

Posted

An impressive fall here considering the light covering we got overnight had almost completely thawed before it started again this afternoon. We have 6cm on roads and pavements and 9-10cm on the grass which is actually on the high end of what was predicted for once.

The current temperature is 0.6C with a dewpoint of 0.0C, so hopefully little thawing overnight.

Posted

Light snow shower passing through, a good 2-3" inch on the fields, not a bad effort.

Posted

Very impressive fall here in Grimsby. All the main roads are under and inch or two of snow. Must be around 10cm on the grass with around 7cm on the paths etc. Current temperature is 0 with dew of 0 so that should help stop any melt. Really can't see how this band will last another few hours though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot sunny weather.

Well don't Knw quite what everyone's talking about. Some people providing wrong info! The ukmo end of week fantastic for snow! Abd the met office updates also fantastic for snow! Massive long term upgrade there!

Posted

Very impressive fall here in Grimsby. All the main roads are under and inch or two of snow. Must be around 10cm on the grass with around 7cm on the paths etc. Current temperature is 0 with dew of 0 so that should help stop any melt. Really can't see how this band will last another few hours though

Blimey you have done well mate.Around 3 inches in the fields here, which i'm happy enough withsmile.png

Posted

Probably had about 8cm here today. Temp at 0c and dew point -0.6c. Met office update at 4pm say expect more heavy snow showers later :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

Very heavy here last nights snow had all but gone but within hour n a half good few cm's now bring it on :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and North Easterley flows, Early spring convection snow showers

Been working in Retford today and thought they did well but just come back here and as stated really nice covering approx 3inches on grass light flurry still now