• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

It looks so wrong falling down as lovely big white pretty flakes then hitting the the puddles on the decking :(

Posted

A minute ago it was raining here. I look out of the window and it's suddenly snowing, and quite heavily at that. Shame it isn't settling now that the ground is so soaked.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Sometimes the Thames itself moderates the air. I remember living in Hammersmith by the river a few years ago and getting noting but sleet while districts just 3 miles north had up to three inches of lying snow. I assumed this was due to the body of warmish water in the river itself.

Indeed. Plus Central London is sometimes effected by the UHI, Urban Heat Index..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Ok been raining for most of the day here but I'm now sitting in my car outside my daughters school ready to pick her up and amongst the rain I see some small flakes,temps are obviously starting to drop away.I hope the rain stops and allows the ground to dry up a bit as otherwise even if it does snow later it ain't going to stick.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Heavy PPn incoming from Basildon way Paul.

May get to see some fat flakes if no settleage.

I'm being generous I'm sending it your way :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny or Cold and snowy

Quick photo of my garden in harrow Weald

post-13916-0-17749400-1358174080_thumb.j

Rubbish isn't it! Oh well more hopeful for the weekend for a decent amount!

Posted

Just left work and it was raining, then it turned to mod/heavy snow on the M25 and now snowing at home in basildon, amazing how a few miles can make a difference, very marginal

Posted

Quick photo of my garden in harrow Weald

post-13916-0-17749400-1358174080_thumb.j

Will you please bloomin rotate your pics!! getting fed up with rotating my head to look at themfool.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow all the way

Horrible heavy cold rain here in Rain....ham, Kent. Hopefully Snow....ham tomorrow.

P.s I am one of those who hang on and totally believe the 'several inches of snow over Kent'. And unfortunately have believed far too much on this site in the last couple of days and now have very dissapointed kids but I'm learning.....lol.

Edited by Biensie

Posted

THIS IS RIDICULOUS - more heavy snow in W10 but not settling. This insanity has now been going on for four hours!

Posted

Indeed. Plus Central London is sometimes effected by the UHI, Urban Heat Index..

Isn't it the Urban Heat Island? It affects all of London to some extent but at it's most pronounced in the middle of town. The City, for example, almost never records lying snow of note due to its being so warm from the buildings. Last Feb we had nearly four inches in Ealing and yet there was nothing in the City!

Yes the front is starting to move more east..But we need to wait and hope that something comes from it

Isn't it the Urban Heat Island? It affects all of London to some extent but at it's most pronounced in the middle of town. The City, for example, almost never records lying snow of note due to its being so warm from the buildings. Last Feb we had nearly four inches in Ealing and yet there was nothing in the City!

Not only that but 99% of it is concrete...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

gfs-2-138.png?6

NOT ALL HOPE IS LOST! tease.gif

Yea as long as its not another marginal event..fool.gif

Posted

yep but also acts as a cool thunderstorm generator drinks.gif