Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion - January 14th 2013 12z Onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Looks like the MO were right predicting rain south of town, much better to the north of London. Here in west London it's been quite heavy snow but wet, everything soaking. Glad I saw a dusting earlier, hopeful for end of the week. Those of you with lying snow, enjoy! :)

Hope casting tease.gif but the wrap around looked pretty juicy on that fax chart

Yes it did, but it might not happen...You need to keep an eye on the radar..And pray. 6" Is way to much... 5CM would be pushing it IF it came off. And Surrey would be a bit touch and go being that far west...IF the wind and temps are perfect then maybe it might. But don't give people high hopes, because it fills the forum with crap when it don't happen. But I admire your up beat spirit :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep snow, thunderstorms, heatwaves

The wrap around will get going for us after 9pm and i think will hold a few suprises for some..... That thames estuary is quite warm, when that band hits it (with uppers getting nudged to -7/-8/-9c) we may hit the jackpot......

Nail on head,that's what I mean, the band will pep up as it soaks up the moisture of the Thames Estuary

Posted

The wrap around is still to come

Large parts of Kent, Essex and Surrey will get 6inches IMHO

I really dont blame those who dont understand the models for asking will it snow here or there...

The post above is your reason why people get confused..

Utter garbage and no truth or proof whats so ever.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

I admire your optimism! Several inches though? Definitely not, 2-3CM at most though! Thats if we get lucky and the front hasn't disintegrated by then

We will also needs those DPs to drop along wth temp other wise we will just have more of what we have got now ,wet sleet...

Posted

Any settling on roads/pavements?

Yes but mainly grass, trees, sheds etc are getting caked.

couple more pics. Just measured 3cm

post-15445-0-70390300-1358172482_thumb.j

post-15445-0-96462300-1358172523_thumb.j

post-15445-0-74095900-1358172895_thumb.j

post-15445-0-66696100-1358172933_thumb.j

I'm guessing you're in High Barnet? Nearly as good here in New Barnet. Shows what different an extra 40m asl can do for you.

Posted

And full credit to BBC & METO. They called today spot on. North Essex/North London was always the snow line and it looks to be bang on the money thus far.

Posted

I do wish when people state "rain here" or "it's going to snow here later" they could just spare 10 extra seconds and put thier location.

Unfortunately some of us are not behind a nice warm computer and viewing on the mobile iOS or Android becomes really frustrating and has me shouting WHERE at the screen, and it's getting me funny looks!

Just raining here on the High Speed near Gravesend

Posted

So depressing rofl.gif ^^^^^^^^

According to the Daily Mail, today is Blue Monday - the most depressing day of the year (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2262069/Blue-Monday-Today-depressing-day-year-window-walk-help.html). However, according to other sites it is the third Monday in January, which is next Monday. So there's plenty of time to get even more down about the snow/sleet/rain/drizzle/snizzle* (*delete as appropriate)!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, buckets of the stuff!!!

3cm post-13916-0-57228700-1358173012_thumb.j

Any chance of rotating those pics mate, your giving me neck ache blum.gif

Edited by James1975P

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Drifting Snow in easterly winds, biting wind chill!

Heavier rain and sleet, with wet snow mixed in here in Dagenham East.

I'm sure I heard a little crackle of thunder just now looking outside from my garden.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep snow, thunderstorms, heatwaves

Yes it did, but it might not happen...You need to keep an eye on the radar..And pray. 6" Is way to much... 5CM would be pushing it IF it came off. And Surrey would be a bit touch and go being that far west...IF the wind and temps are perfect then maybe it might. But don't give people high hopes, because it fills the forum with crap when it don't happen. But I admire your up beat spirit :)

I don't think it gives people hope though tbh, if Steve Murr or TEITS said it then I would agree but I am just an enthusiast so I doubt anyone would take my predictions (the operative word) as gospel

Posted

Why the **** did I move to Kent?!

because the next cold snap or spell in maybe the other way round and you glad u did blum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Stopped snowing at 12:40pm, been raining since, any snow cover now gone for most of the things around here, still some on grassland & on top of trees... Temp 2.8c Dewpoint 1c.

Posted

Rain/sleet and 2.5c - utterly miserable day now. There is nothing worse than sleet in my opinion.

Steve M - where did it go wrong for us who live south of the River?

Edited by mulzy