Snowangel-MK

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

Been looking at radar last hour and them showers off suffolk are def getting nearer,i will wait and see,be around midnight if get anything think. temp -2.4 and falling dp-3.3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Woke up to a light dusting from overnight when I ventured out in the car to work at 06:00 this morning, must have melted a bit too as it was on the screen cover and that was covered in ice.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Can anyone in Norwich confirm how bad the fog is? XCweather is showing 50m visibility......that is pretty damn thick if so!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow, Thunderstorms & Summer Plumes

Can anyone in Norwich confirm how bad the fog is? XCweather is showing 50m visibility......that is pretty damn thick if so!

I dunno but it's quite bad so not far off! -7c now! shok.gif

Edited by Chris D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

I dunno but it's quite bad so not far off! -7c now! shok.gif

It's now changed to 2000m. -4.7C here....has been hovering at this temperature for ages....we were dropping off quite nicely before :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!!!! Or very hot and sunny!!! Nothing in the middle

Not sure of temp in Ipswich but we have frezing fog now as well not very thick tho!! Does anyone no if the snow is supposed to come down this far on Friday??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter- Cold, frost, snow. Summer- Warm and thundery.

Hello folks,

Thought I would pop in and see how you people are are enjoying the weather. I'm interested because I lived in the Waveney valley for a while before coming down to Dorset in the late 80's. my folks moved back to Harleston in 2004.

Anyway, I was telling my kids this evening about the snowfalls we had in the 1980's and just wish they could experience something like that here..maybe Friday?

So, from a very envious snowmantic, enjoy the weather and goodnight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Not yet but found this lol. http://www.norwichai...news.asp?id=266

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/travel_and_weather_latest_temperatures_to_drop_to_5_with_icy_roads_greeting_rush_hour_commuters_1_1739027

Edited by Jason T

Posted

Fairly quiet in the South East thread so thought I'd pop in here. Check out the radar off to the north east of EA...looks like it could be a direct hit....

http://www.buienradar.nl/

Posted

Seems that there is an increasing westerly direction to those showers in the North Sea now. Also seems that there is some shower formation to the north of Holland....more dustings for eastern parts????!?

Posted

-2oc here in the shed cold.gif

Posted

wallbash.gifwallbash.gif that band of snow is gonna end up stalling in the west midlands on friday, so they get pasted and we stay cold and dry zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

our next shot comes next monday, only 6 days to wait what can possibly go wrong

Always a very real risk, but this is no where near set in stone.

To be honest I would rather have that than a shortlived dump of snow followed by a quick thaw.

While we keep cold in place there is chance of snow.....mostly through showers caused by convection off the North Sea.

The less far east the front is forecast to get the higher the risk of sustained cold.....all to play for.

Edited by suffolkboy_

Posted

-5.3C here now. Just seen XCweather showing -8C for Norwich at 21:50. All the right ingredients are there for a cold night.....looking forward to seeing where we are circa 6am!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow, Thunderstorms & Summer Plumes

My word maybe the prediction of -10 will come off!!

Posted

Always a very real risk, but this is no where near set in stone.

To be honest I would rather have that than a shortlived dump of snow followed by a quick thaw.

While we keep cold in place there is chance of snow.....mostly through showers caused by convection off the North Sea.

The less far east the front is forecast to get the higher the risk of sustained cold.....all to play for.

I wouldn't, it's all well and good having sustained cold but if its dry sustained cold air, it becomes very uneventful. Saying that I'd rather dry and cold over mild dross anyday!

Friday would have been ace for an epic snowfall, but as I feared: The Snow downgrade for Eastern areas begins!

Edited by Dexter29

Posted

Does no one else on here pay the gas bill. I am happy with a winter that has one or 2 cold snaps and at least one good covering of snow - dry, bone-chilling cold doesn't do it for me.

Before Friday are we looking for any unexpected events, obviously there are the showers in the far east but sometimes previously when there has been cold unexpected snowfall events have materialised with only 12 hours notice - anything on the horizon?

Posted

I wouldn't, it's all well and good having sustained cold but if its dry sustained cold air, it becomes very uneventful. Saying that I'd rather dry and cold over mild dross anyday!

Friday would have been ace for an epic snowfall, but as I feared: The downgrade for Eastern areas begins!

The point I am trying to make is that if the cold is there, especially for a decent period, then snow will usually occur.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Does no one else on here pay the gas bill. I am happy with a winter that has one or 2 cold snaps and at least one good covering of snow - dry, bone-chilling cold doesn't do it for me.

Before Friday are we looking for any unexpected events, obviously there are the showers in the far east but sometimes previously when there has been cold unexpected snowfall events have materialised with only 12 hours notice - anything on the horizon?

No, I can't afford to put central heating on in my house. All I have is a portable electric radiator. But......I still like the cold and snow. The more severe the better. :)

Posted

With you bro, like it to look at but the heating bill is comes with is my killer.

Roll on

Imbolc biggrin.png

Posted

I am such a lover of 'severe' weather that I would rather have a very long as sustained cold spell and have to give up luxuries to pay to heat my house. Maybe that's just me.

Would be interesting to see what people (in a completely theoretical sense) would pay for a severe weather event.

Let's start the bidding for a 1947 winter.....I will start the bidding at £1000.

Posted

The point I am trying to make is that if the cold is there, especially for a decent period, then snow will usually occur.

I guess, but that won't be until Monday as every other day looks dry.... I guess I'm impatient... Haha

Wouldn't it be terrible to have all this cold air in place and not have a good snowfall across the whole region!

In western areas it goes out with a bang

Posted

I guess, but that won't be until Monday as every other day looks dry.... I guess I'm impatient... Haha

Wouldn't it be terrible to have all this cold air in place and not have a good snowfall across the whole region!

In western areas it goes out with a bang

Very!!....if only we could all have an even share! (Not that I'm offering Cornwall any of the 2cm I currently have) blum.gif