Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 16/01/13 18z------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

I am confused, is this new low that Matt H mentions a good thing for us?

He seems to think it is great for N. Ireland, that is miles away from us!

wacko.png

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

Just to show some different information, here is an animation of the Netweather extra NMM charts for Friday into Saturday. Now I'll admit they are totally 100% + amazing for my part of the World, but they are pretty good for the rest in this region too!!

e1d9e2239792e0ebf77ab09adeaffc6a.gif

Oh dear Coast, I suspect some wont be fans of that!

Posted

Well lets hope the UKMO Ppn is correct as that would give us all a min of 5-10cm.

GFS and NAE less so, especially further East.

From an IMBY perspective I want upgrades, as at the moment it is borderline dusting IMBY!

Edited by Shrimper

Posted

I'm going into hibernation mode now - burrowing down and conserving my energy until the first snowflake falls tomorrow ... At which point I shall get snow madness !!!!!!! Lucky I have cleared the weekend ps . Anyone worrying they won't get snow or it will turn to rain - Don't - not going to happen.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

Dispite, a reasonably,strong south east wind LP, is,and has been showing, good signal for toppling over and will probably end up north sea bound.so draw the panic stations back a little.we will all im sure see some snow it just amounts that need consideration at this point.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

I am lol!!!!!

Let's face it guys... We all would not want to be a worm at the moment (anytime really) rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

Reminds me of this Red Dwarf quote...

"The Cat: There's an old cat proverb that goes, "It's better to live one hour as a tiger than an entire lifetime as a worm."

Rimmer : There's an old human proverb - "Whoever heard of a worm-skin rug?" rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

like most of us in Kent *chooses to ignore* lol

Posted

Yeah Coast not the best of charts to allay members fears - oh well your the mod so you have to deal with the fall out :p

Posted

The local councils and people looking after the vulnerable mainly I guess?

I think the problem is there were some pretty downbeat posts last night based on one run. All still to play for.

Yep! All to look forward to now! yahoo.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Snow & Snow.

Raynes Park temp -5

It is a bit quiet on here, thought there would be a bit more enthusiasm.

Thing that worries me a bit is the newspapers are not making a big thing of the weather 24 hrs before the event. They do have a mention, but further down their pages. I know the normally talk a load of rubbish, but 24 hrs before the event?

Now that is a good signe then, whenever they mention it and hype it all up they end up jinxing it all.

Bring on tomorrow , hopefully just the start of it all. GP thinks so and he's always on the money. He predicted this cold spell way back and said it would start from about mid Jan. :)

Posted

like most of us in Kent *chooses to ignore* lol

It's only out to +48 hours on NMM currently, I can't post past there yet but you can see it swings right into the SE and your area - don't worry, I'll update later!

Posted

Defrosted the car at 5:15 this morning to take o/h to the station, it has frosted up again! Temperature was -4.9 then. It's a gloriously clear morning here now, temperature is -3.8. ( I can't entirely vouch for the thermometer, it's less then a meter from the wall on my balcony.)

CD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Amazing,last night about 10.30pm things were a bit doom and gloom on this forum after latest GFS and NAE precip charts,now things are a bit more chipper!!That said,it seems to me that whenever snow is forecast Met Office are never as confident as when they forecast rain so am not taking anything for granted.I think Come 6pm tonight we can either be pretty confident if current projections will be correct or downhearted again if things change.As an example,all those last night in NI must have been well pi--ed off as it looked like just rain for them all the way.Now,it looks like they could be in firing line for quite an impressive snow event!!Just trying to give example of how quickly things can change.Come on the SNOW!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

I am confused, is this new low that Matt H mentions a good thing for us?

He seems to think it is great for N. Ireland, that is miles away from us!

wacko.png

I think that Matt is illustrating how the fronts pivot around a system near NI, this should swing up the front to our area as shown in Coast's latest post, at least I think that's what is shown in the latest fax? More knowledgeble members will be able to clarify I'm sure

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

By 6pm Friday all of us will have snow falling help.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

It's only out to +48 hours on NMM currently, I can't post past there yet but you can see it swings right into the SE and your area - don't worry, I'll update later!

its ok I was joking. I'm quietly confident that we will ALL be happy this weekend :)

Posted

Well i think im now safe in saying due to my location ,being rather far west/north west of london,can expect any accum,s between 6/14 cms.but even at this stage thats far

from set in stone,this again will be watch as this unfolds. A lot of shreded nerves, i feel over coming hours.....

We do look to be in a decent position as things stand, but hoping for an eastward correction so all of our region can get a decent fall!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Snow & Snow.

I wonder how many off us on here tell our friends we are all snow mad and spend most of are time on a weather forum lol.

I know it drives my other half mad that I'm always checking in on the net weather forum but its so addictive . :)

Edited by Siberian Xpress

Posted

its ok I was joking. I'm quietly confident that we will ALL be happy this weekend smile.png

I hope so! I truly want everyone in here to enjoy the weekend and beyond and I do believe (ramping aside) that this next few days will provide a memorable event for many people (for the right reasons!!).

So you all gotta chill with the outside temps and look forward to the radar showing it arriving from the West this time tomorrow. :good: