Coast

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

sleet earlier.. no real snow yet this year.. will change tomorrow.. but will it settle.. not sure.. certainly though if it freezes it will

Posted
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.

Snowing gently from the east.. 0C

Everything's been thinly replastered.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Light snow falling here and feeling bitter in the increasing wind.

Posted

There seems to be alot of unwarranted pessimism in this thead in terms of chances of snowfall for tomorrow- I'm quite perplexed to be honest..- simply perhaps because the BBC have moved the amber warning further south to only cover the very southern part of the region.

Best thing to do is simply watch things unfold.. I'm preety confident the whole region will at least get a cover before the day is out.. and many places quite an appreciable cover.

Every weather system has its own behabvious lets wait and see what happens before casting chances of heavy snowfall aside.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

a fair dusting here now, still snowing with proper flakes. You may say it's not going to happen, but it's happening!

Current temp 0.2°C.

The toys are being thrown out of my pram again.

It's not going to happen for us.

Well not done badly here tonight 3cm on all surfaces, looks lovely looking out the window with moderate snow still falling and blowing about in the wind. So if it does go tits up tomorrow at least I've had tonight that's the way I'm going to look at it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

GFS ensemble mean for tomorrow evening

gens-21-2-30.png?12

very nice

C.S

Posted

6YRip.png

For 0000 Friday until 0000 Saturday. Very amateur prediction !

Wow............I,....wow....this is the best weather map i have ever seen..who knows it may happen Edited by greybing

Posted

GFS ensemble mean for tomorrow evening

Yes the 12Z GEFS operational is definitely on the dry side of all the members

Edited by wysiwyg

Posted

Believe it or not the beeb actually showed snow in all parts of the northwest. Not particularly heavy considering Wales however it was still there for Saturday, falling that is.

Posted

For 0000 Friday until 0000 Saturday. Very amateur prediction !

Nothing amatuer at all about that! Excellent map - fits well with the current outputs we have available. Good on you for sticking your neck out and having a go instead of the usual doom and gloom we've seen here today biggrin.png

Edited by wysiwyg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I asked Matt Hugo if there was any hope for a good fall in this area and the answer was unfortunately not. :(

Confidence in a better event than Monday down to 5 % on the Ramp scale.

No snow whatsoever up too 15%

Posted

As predicted, snow is easing off slightly, a nice little dusting, temps should start to fall rapidly now, -4C tonight before the

Main band come, what a nice surprise this was.

What with cloud,I would not have thought so. Edited by greybing

Posted

There seems to be alot of unwarranted pessimism in this thead in terms of chances of snowfall for tomorrow- I'm quite perplexed to be honest..- simply perhaps because the BBC have moved the amber warning further south to only cover the very southern part of the region.

Best thing to do is simply watch things unfold.. I'm preety confident the whole region will at least get a cover before the day is out.. and many places quite an appreciable cover.

Every weather system has its own behabvious lets wait and see what happens before casting chances of heavy snowfall aside.

I don't know, the models have been quite consistent for this immediate area for quite sometime, the latest ones have us completely void of any cover at all.

Tonight has seen a few flakes blowing in the air and that's about it. I'll keep an eye on tonight's models and the radar for sure, but I'm not expecting much, but any cover at all would be nice.