Coast

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

Fingers well and truly crossed for a dump eh Ian and not the sort you experience after a hot jalfrezi

nothing like a good dump... but after a vindaloo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Wow............I,....wow....this is the best weather map i have ever seen.[genuinely lol]

Better than the Meto's, thats for sure :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Quite heavy flakes stil but only settling on odd areas of concrete and other ground. If this settled more it would be great, BUT I have seen snow falling. I am so glad for my NW community brothers and sisters whatever I get here. Genuinely pleased for everyone after all we've been through the last 24 hrs.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temps under 25 degrees, thunderstorms and heavy snow

When will we get snow in Wirral?

Best chance tomorrow from midday I think

Posted

18z out soon lol.

Get ready for the next roller-coaster mood swing!! Will it be drinks all round or flying dummies and toys? :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

GFS ensemble mean very much in line with the operational, things could be brilliant for us, nowcast is the word.

Don't cry when the 18z downgrades, cry when it removes all of the precip from the region and moves it to NE England. :p

Posted

Get ready for the next roller-coaster mood swing!! Will it be drinks all round or flying dummies and toys? biggrin.png

Ive got dummie in one hand and a beer in the other... bring it on

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and snow

Best chance tomorrow from midday I think

Hi CP - omg I am so disappointed as I bet u are too. I'm going to bed with the hope of waking up to a white wonderland lol. I can hear its getting a bit windy out there though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Believe it or not the beeb actually showed snow in all parts of the northwest. Not particularly heavy considering Wales however it was still there for Saturday, falling that is.

Not cumbria

Posted

GFS ensemble mean very much in line with the operational, things could be brilliant for us, nowcast is the word.

Don't cry when the 18z downgrades, cry when it removes all of the precip from the region and moves it to NE England. blum.gif

prcpCheshire.png

OK at the start of these ensembles the Green operational is in the lowest few members. By the 18th when the precip rises sharply the green line is the slowest to rise and reaches much lower than the mean. That's a bit of a sweeping statement not backed up by any evidence BT!! OK fair enough the differences are marginal so close to the start of the run but still!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Matthew Hugo â€@MattHugo81

@liamdutton - Top blog Liam and finally another data source signalling not much for N Eng. UKMO forecasts somewhat deceiving.

Posted
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station
  • Weather Preferences: winter snow summer lots of sun
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station

Well on the radar the second band isn't far from Dublin

Posted

Ive got dummie in one hand and a beer in the other... bring it on

i prefer the later

Posted

The rain today radar has shown us under reasonably heavy precpitation for the past few hours, at least as heavy as other areas in the North west and yet we hardly have a covering at all whilst others in here seem to have a couple of centimetres. Looks like the south manchester snow dome is working well which doesn't bode well for tomorrowsorry.gif

Posted

The rain today radar has shown us under reasonably heavy precpitation for the past few hours, at least as heavy as other areas in the North west and yet we hardly have a covering at all whilst others in here seem to have a couple of centimetres. Looks like the south manchester snow dome is working well which doesn't bode well for tomorrowsorry.gif

I sympathise ,the same thing here...there is a patchy covering...Manchester is realy not a good place for decent snow..well low level manchester,the east is not bad.

Posted

I think the 18z will be not quite as good as the 12z but keeping us in the game. And better than last nights 18z.

I think last nights 0Z was poor as well although probably more in line with the METO output today