Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Three Counties & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 18th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

hey anyone near me in st.albans/hatfield .people keep saying its dying but its still going strong here and met of say its guna get heavier at 3ish. whats everyone think

I was wondering from the radar if it had started to rotate anti-clockwise - may be wishful thinking but if it does the back of the band may be what we see to the South rather than the west...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

I was wondering from the radar if it had started to rotate anti-clockwise - may be wishful thinking but if it does the back of the band may be what we see to the South rather than the west...

so I'm guessing that's good for us lol. doesn't show any signs of stopping at mo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

According to the Metoffice, me and you are under the yellow smile.png

http://www.metoffice...er#?tab=fiveDay

heavy lol

Edited by Floatylight

Posted

That's what I like to hear. Do you dress them up to look like wizards, too?

How's the snaw?

Luvverly! about 5-6 cms and still coming down strong. Daughter picked up from school and shopping done. That's me in for the duration!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

If the precipitation is moving North-East like it is, it gets effected by the chilterns and intensifies and drifts across to Bedfordshire/Hertfordshire, also if it's moving from South to North, the urban heat island effect from London peps up the intensity across this location...other than that, my location is pants for snow most of the time.

Posted

Will it get heavier in the Wisbech area, mainly light so far, thanks.

Aslong as the main band doesn't weaken then I reckon in around 1hrs time you should see heavier snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

If the precipitation is moving North-East like it is, it gets effected by the chilterns and intensifies and drifts across to Bedfordshire/Hertfordshire, also if it's moving from South to North, the urban heat island effect from London peps up the intensity across this location...other than that, my location is pants for snow most of the time.

so are you saying it might intensify for me? sorry for the questions still learning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

That's what I was alluding to yesterday, even though our location is on the yellow on the map, on other pages it says we are Amber/Red. Says it's meant to get heavier late afternoon/early evening but the band is breaking up faster than Taylor Swifts relationships.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Good covering here....still pretty constant....Maybe 1.5 inches or so....just went for a walk and the main roads are also covered. Sunday looking good. but still time for that to change. post-11316-0-52818400-1358520344_thumb.j

Posted

Well so far a bit of dandruff in the air with a little sprinkle but what a disappointment to what the met warned for! Had loads better than this last year. Bring on Sunday (and knowing my luck that'll be east of Cambridgeshire too!!)

Posted

Very fine and light snow falling here now in St Neots. Hoping that it will pick up some intensity and it moves North.

Posted

Fair play to the Met Office from my point of view. When they issued the amber warning yesterday. It had my location just outside of it. Today has been bang on from that perspective. If you look at my location on the radar, it has I would say been 10-20 miles away from more favourable conditions. I have basically 1cm maybe heading towards 1.5cm. I bet those just to my West, SW and even NW would have done better today so far.

Posted

Clouds keep coming across and I keep thinking 'this is it' and then nothing,

I'd love to see some snow today and then whatever comes of Sundays system :) can't be greedy though think we had it for a while last night lol!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Luvverly! about 5-6 cms and still coming down strong. Daughter picked up from school and shopping done. That's me in for the duration!

That'll be me away to pick-up the grandchildren from school, in a mo. They and I have a lot of snow-sculpting -massacring to do!

Best snow for me, since Bromley in 2010!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Nothing more than snizzle here, the settlement of which can just about be made out where there are wind obstructions - i.e. there is very little.

This doesn't surprise me though, as the NMM model just doesn't show a major snowfall for a lot of us for the start of this weekend and it hasn't done at all, while it's been in range. I'd love it to be incorrect, don't get me wrong. That's not to say it's not too late for us to get a reasonable snowfall before tomorrow morning, but it's unlikely to be too memorable imho.

I'll also await the update in a couple of hours with interest, to see what it shows for Sunday morning. smile.png

Edited by Steve C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Aslong as the main band doesn't weaken then I reckon in around 1hrs time you should see heavier snow.

And what about the sticky-out bit that's home to Felixstow and Ipswich, Dave?good.gif

Edited by Rybris Ponce

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

does it look like its stalling? seems to be moving much slower

Posted

Well so far a bit of dandruff in the air with a little sprinkle but what a disappointment to what the met warned for! Had loads better than this last year. Bring on Sunday (and knowing my luck that'll be east of Cambridgeshire too!!)

Latest met update on my I phone Cambridge in that band on Sunday. Slightly further north and west of Cambridge then very little chance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

That's what I was alluding to yesterday, even though our location is on the yellow on the map, on other pages it says we are Amber/Red. Says it's meant to get heavier late afternoon/early evening but the band is breaking up faster than Taylor Swifts relationships.

the heavier later might be this rotary thingy.

Posted

PPN here definitely heavier than the radar suggests.

I'd agree with that blum.gif

On the NW radar it shows a sudden cut off of the green blob to our east..but it looks odd tease.gif