Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 18th Januray 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Yes more snow than sleet now bit the damn ground is wet, no settling at all at the moment.

With the dew points dropping so low smartie I'm sure this will settle for you in an hour or so. What is temperature for you now?

Its dropped half a degree and Ive only been up 10 mins. Can't believe I'm awake at 3am again drinks.gif

Edited by mullender83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW GALES LIGHTNING

Yes more snow than sleet now but the damn ground is wet, no settling at all at the moment.

yep but temps are droping like a stone

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

yep but temps are droping like a stone

On my phone so bit hard to check wunderground, what's are temp showing for round Weston at the moment?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

I can't believe I'm awake at stupid o'clock but I was woken by the wind rattling the slates, who'd sleep in a loft conversion eh? Clearly not me. It's moderate snow here, no sign of sleetiness either, it's settling and sticking well but it will be impossible to get a measured level in the morning as it's blowing a right hoolie too - drifts could be interesting in the morning.

Posted

On my phone so bit hard to check wunderground, what's are temp showing for round Weston at the moment?

Just looked on my wunderground and stations in and around westone are 2c and falling

Posted

2.0 c dew point of 1 to -1

Posted

Just looked on my wunderground and stations in and around westone are 2c and falling

Cheers, falling temp, that's what I like to hear :)

Not even settling on cars at the moment, would be nice to see it settling on something at least lol.

Edited by Smartie

Posted

Looks light heavy ppn starts to roll in around 6ish this morning going off the radar although compared to what we have had so far this seems pretty heavy! air_kiss.gif

Posted

2.0 c dew point of 1 to -1

Let me know when you start seeing it settling, on anything!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

I can't believe I'm awake at stupid o'clock but I was woken by the wind rattling the slates, who'd sleep in a loft conversion eh? Clearly not me. It's moderate snow here, no sign of sleetiness either, it's settling and sticking well but it will be impossible to get a measured level in the morning as it's blowing a right hoolie too - drifts could be interesting in the morning.

well your in somerset thats given me a little more confidence.

Posted

00z accumulations.. NAE just rolling in now..

I'm happy with that could see 15/20cm easily air_kiss.gif in places

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Just checked NW extra, it says temp 1c dew point -2 for here. Radar replay looks like the snow started here almost bang on 3, which is scarily accurate and on cue with METO forecasts. It's only the lighter front of the band here at the mo, what's coming behind looks a lot heavier - I'd say it's heavy already so what's coming in behind looks lots of fun biggrin.png

Posted

Let me know when you start seeing it settling, on anything!

lol how long u got tease.giftease.giftease.gif