Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 18th Januray 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Raining here right now, temp needs to keep dropping like the met says so.

Temps dropped right down since last post! 1.6c and -3 d.p I don't think it'll be long now till it starts turning to snow

Posted

Lasest Rader, not going to post to many of these because not allowed! But starting to turn to snow in some places! Most of Devon now sleet should start turning to snow more in the next hour!

post-10638-0-28113600-1358474632_thumb.p

Edited by Zephyr

Posted

Snow could start earlier than expected not far away from me now. not sure if this is bad for later in the day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate suits me very fine.

Temps dropped right down since last post! 1.6c and -3 d.p I don't think it'll be long now till it starts turning to snow

Fingers crossed, Crazy temp drop here, rain has got heavy now aint it, Atleast Exmoor will get a good covering

Posted

Ah, great stuff smile.png

I stood on top of Butser hill a couple of weeks back and it made me realise how sheltered we are here. Hence the radar readings for the last few hours.. i've been sat just a few short miles from the precip as the hills carved a clear area behind them, with me on the dry side. Not cool, but knowing why makes it a tad easier to accept.

Mind you, i've just noticed i'm back in the game as it's finally back over my post code. Time to get the torch reconnaissance missions back up and running... laugh.png

Love going up to Butser, is one of my favourite views! The do have the same effect if we have any system moving in from the North, over on this side, the PPN decreases quite a fair bit (tonight was a good example of that)

I wouldn't pay too much attention to the front staggered over us at the moment, its a decaying feature and most of its being evaporated before reach the surface. It does fool you too often!

Good luck for later today!

SM

Posted

Fingers crossed, Crazy temp drop here, rain has got heavy now aint it, Atleast Exmoor will get a good covering

Yeah I know! Couldn't believe it... Temps still dropping now. Dartmoor and exmoor showing snow on radar, fingers crossed its going to start spreading!

Posted

Will snow settle on these wet surfaces?

Posted

I miss the December 2010 event, were no worries then. Rain is heavy and blustery now.

Edited by Snowfan50

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Day after tomorrow.

Cool I have family in Plymouth, are you northern plymouth or nearer the coast?

Eggbuckland about 3 miles inland :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Day after tomorrow.

post-19501-0-40615100-1358475757_thumb.j

Sorry didn't attach the file

My family are in southway, so if you have snow they should too i imagine. Is it settling on the ground?

Not yet its very wet :/