Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

West Midlands Regional Discussion 18/01/13 14z ------>

A.J

Posted

Steady light snow in Evesham, though not quite heavy enough as yet to settle on exposed surfaces (hoping that'll soon change though!)

Hope it changes for you as well. If Evesham gets the heavier stuff than that would be great news for the whole of the west mids to your north!

Posted

Moderate light snow here sine about 9-30. Covering patches already. Radar looks promising :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

Rather bizarrely, given the general north-westwards movement of the front, the Netweather radar shows the snow spreading south-westwards towards here from Bromsgrove/Worcester and should be here in a few minutes!

Edit: And now it's here - just tiny flakes drifting on the wind at the moment, but definitely snow nonetheless!

Edited by Snowmoon

Posted
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl

Interesting radar watching ahead.............

North of Wolverhampton seems to be the sweet spot at the moment for some decent snowfall.

Current snow flurries in Sedgley........slight coverings on cars etc. Forecast is suggesting the main snow arriving from lunchtime......

Met has a heavy snow symbol for 3pm this afternoon in DY3, but this changes like the wind!

Posted

Scratch my "should be here by lunchtime" comment - it's here already! Small flakes but good to see! Radar looking interesting too!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Looks like lasting until around 8 at present time with maybe heavy snow later according to radar and current forecasts.

Posted

Still just light but persistent snow. Not that I'm complaining - this event could so easily have missed the Midlands altogether :)

A few hours of this will at least partially recover some of the snow lost yesterday, which is fine by me.

Bish

Posted

Been snowing (small flakes) but occasionally heavy bursts since 8.45 am had another 1cm very surprising

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Light snow has started again, falling on what we already had. Current temp -1.2oC, hasn't been above freezing for a few days now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

The snow still continues but actually is melting now. Our patio had a new covering as did the roofs but now the snow is so fine it is just melting on landing. It seems to be doing more harm than good now!

Posted

The snow still continues but actually is melting now. Our patio had a new covering as did the roofs but now the snow is so fine it is just melting on landing. It seems to be doing more harm than good now!

Bizarre??!!

What's your current temp and dew point?

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Yes it's the same old story for Stratford I'm afraid , I worked there for 5yrs and due to it been very low ground if ofern does this , it wasn't much better in Henley where my parents live, it annoyed me that much I moved to the Cotswolds !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Moderate snow in south stoke

where about of stoke Edited by cold stoke