Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Three Counties & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 20th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

A potentially daft question. I've currently got 5" of snow on the ground here in Herts. It's warming up at the weekend. When at the weekend, and when could I expect there to be no snow covering left? I'm struggling a bit with the output for then.

Posted

A potentially daft question. I've currently got 5" of snow on the ground here in Herts. It's warming up at the weekend. When at the weekend, and when could I expect there to be no snow covering left? I'm struggling a bit with the output for then.

Warming up at 11.43am on Saturday, and no snow covering by 13.22 on Monday.

Edited by Gary_R_Walker

Posted

Such a shame that lot to the south is heading for the SW and West Midlands instead of us :-(

http://www.meteoradar.co.uk/

I wouldnt write it off totally, only needs some quite small shifts to hit the west of the region. And I'd guess the further south you are the further east it COULD go. That said the further south you are the higher the likelihood it falls as sleet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any weather

Spring arrives at 11.43 this Saturday.

Good - I can wash the car then. We share the same surname - does that mean you can be trusted on accuracy? 11.45 an it will be too late!

Posted

Good - I can wash the car then. We share the same surname - does that mean you can be trusted on accuracy? 11.45 an it will be too late!

11.43 is totally accurate. I don't see the point in giving a weather forecast unless I'm 100% certain of my facts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

And in the middle? Nothing!

It could be worse Paul....further south all they have is stinky gas from France...

http://www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/news/local-news/residents-wake-up-to-a-bad-smell-thanks-to-french-gas-leak-1-4706522

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!!!! Or very hot and sunny!!! Nothing in the middle

Mods r not happy today they say that after Saturday the cold is going to end and that's that and that we will need to lookinto fi for any chance of getting it back. Sounds bad??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Quite a reasonable thaw going on here. To be honest, for me, now it's started, the snow might as well be off.

This temperature map implies that warmer air has moved into the east of the area to me.

post-11059-0-15367600-1358862444_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Milder uppers invade for a while but then colder uppers come back over us until the weekend.

The weekend looks like Sweeney time..... we get a Thaw and then a lot of Water, man search.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

New thread coming!

Please finish off any posts or hold off posting charts etc and I'll link new one shortly....

Posted

Yes a thaw is well a truly underway now.

With no snow forecast for this area before the mild dross hits, I just wish it were turning milder tomorrow to get the mild stuff out the way quicker to look for another potential cold shot.

Dragging this cold weather out until the weekend with no snow and a slush fest by day is no fun!

Saying that, Atlantic wind and rain is just as bad -lol.