Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 20/01/13 18z ------>

A.J

Posted

southampton will have snow from 6pm to 9pm tomorrow night..god i hope it doesn't get called off, got a long trip down there

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

why would do that, if its heading is directly west, some of those echoes are real nice, I am not suggesting a big dumping. I think it'll be 2/5cm at best if we are lucky anything else is a bonus

Because it's a low. We'll see though, be great to get a couple inches for when I wake up. :D

Posted

I hope the Pennines don't take too much out of this strong bit of PPN heading right this way!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

REALLY PELTING IT NOW, THIS IS A STONKER, MARK MY WORDS, THEY HAVE UNDERSTIMATED THE WESTWARD PROGRESSION OF THIS IN THEIR WARNINGS, to be fair, the PPN chart has always had it just to our east so not being criticat, but THIS IS AN EVENT FOR THE EAST OF THE REGION, bare in mind the heavier echos only just to the east and been blown in on a VERY STRON EASTERLY, NOWHERE FOR THE HEAVY BURSTS TO GO BU T WEST, OBVIOUSLY EAST YORKS, NORTH EAST ENGLAND GETS THE WORST BUT MARK MY WORDS, SOME TRAVEL DISRUPTION HERE TOMMOROW MORNING.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Looks like it tails off a bit around 3 or 4 but according to MO and BBC PPN maps, beefs up again around 9am, if thats the case, we are really in business!!!

Nice of it to give us 5 hours kip :) The 1am radar shows the heavy stuff past huddersfield and only a couple of miles from me, this was 15 minutes ago and i am getting pasted now.

No sleep any time soon :)

Anyone think the heavy stuff will reach bury?

Yes. it is here now.

Posted

Nice of it to give us 5 hours kip smile.png The 1am radar shows the heavy stuff past huddersfield and only a couple of miles from me, this was 15 minutes ago and i am getting pasted now.

No sleep any time soon smile.png

Yes. it is here now.

REALLY PELTING IT NOW, THIS IS A STONKER, MARK MY WORDS, THEY HAVE UNDERSTIMATED THE WESTWARD PROGRESSION OF THIS IN THEIR WARNINGS, to be fair, the PPN chart has always had it just to our east so not being criticat, but THIS IS AN EVENT FOR THE EAST OF THE REGION, bare in mind the heavier echos only just to the east and been blown in on a VERY STRON EASTERLY, NOWHERE FOR THE HEAVY BURSTS TO GO BU T WEST, OBVIOUSLY EAST YORKS, NORTH EAST ENGLAND GETS THE WORST BUT MARK MY WORDS, SOME TRAVEL DISRUPTION HERE TOMMOROW MORNING.

Posted

Agonisingly close to me as well. Still 30 minutes or so if it makes it here but even if half that intensity gets here then it could dump at least a couple of cms on top of the cm or so already down.

Posted

Anyone think the heavy stuff will reach bury?

If you had asked that a few hours ago i would have said no, but given the relentless march westward then i would say you should get something decent looking at the radar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Couldnt understand why the road at the bottom is wet and slushy but ive just seen a gritter go past! Lol

Posted

Its dark orange all the way when you zoom in on raintoday radar...........must go to bed now although I want to stay up. Pics tomorrow ;o) Happy snow watching guys

Posted

Need to sleep! Im a carer for my little lad so need some zeds!! This event is addictive, i hope its still there in the morning!

Posted

buxtonweather.co.uk update

-We have heavy snow right now in Buxton - and we have 10cm of snow on the ground @ 01.20 Monday- all side roads in Buxton are still near impassable - and all high level routes are becoming affected by snow and ice to varying extents - - but all report open at present - REPORTS TODAY - "Just travelled the Leek road to Buxton very poor driving conditions and I would not have done it if I was not in a 4 x4 with snow tyres - POLICE HAVE CLOSED IT NOW!" Thank you Dan Smith @ 01.05" AND "Travelled manchester to Buxton via Marple - heavy snow on the A6, Dove Holes onwards, especially by the golf course -passable with care" Thank you Ashley Dowsett @ 00.50 AND"All roads in Buxton are completely white over and it won't be too long before they are difficult and impassable." Thank you John Martin

For now i'll have a few hours kip before sunrise, then venturing out tomorrow morning and seeing what the situation is in terms of accumulated snowfall and road conditions locally.

Edited by SNOW_JOKE

Posted

Jeez thats a great fireball on raintoday!!!

Posted

How much do you have accumulated now Feb?

I havent got a clue to be honest, its so cold in here i cant even leave my room else i will freeze, probably only an inch or 2 maybe if you include what was already there, but look at the radar, there is more coming!!!