Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 20/01/13 18z -------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Well what a day! Fab wedding accompanied by magical snowfall, like something from a film!

Just got back to the hotel after an eventful walk which involved older sisters making snow angels and the mother of all snowball fights, only snow could reduce middle aged women into 10-year-olds.

That's why I love snow, I'll miss it when it's gone! :)

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

It has been unusual this cold spell, at least for our recent modern winters up till 09/10 *she clears her throat gently*blush.png I remarked a few days ago that the Friday snowfall looked like having the hallmarks of the snow event last February which also came from a southerly/backing south easterly airflow from the channel, yet carried low dewpoints and very cold surface air to back up the existing cold continental upper temps that had sat over eastern and our own south eastern parts through last week. The difference this time is that we have had a more active jet stream due to the cold air coming off the eatern seaboard of the US from Canada - yet this has continually dirupted SE'wards and kept us on the polar side of the fronts and that makes it even more unusual and impressive as well in the context of previous mild winters (cyclically speakingtongue.png ). Very much like the days of oldecold.gif

Shocked you mentioned the wordbiggrin.png ..............However it is very interesting now that we have had 2009/10...2010/11...and now this Period in 2012/13 Winter............A period of colder winters....will need verifying...colder spells within winters that dont resemble the mid/late 90's....00's...God yes and im so glad......I do agree Tamara get the jet tilting South/SE then we have a chance...less energy off the Vortex to our West and we are in business with High pressure to our NW/NE.....Is it all to do with SSW?...Who knows...Im just loving todaylaugh.png

Posted

Don't think I'll get away with a snow day tomorrow. We need the snow to come down hard and fast for that and I can't see temps dropping so much that ice will cause issues with the trains.

Think most people have crashed out over the exhausting snow weekend we've just had. Fingers crossed we get a few surprises this week and keep everything crossed that the less cold air keeps getting pushed back. It would be amazing if this time next week we are sat here still wondering when it'll end and buried in snow! (I want to get over the 1ft mark this winter!)

Edited by rubble79

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Oh well nice weekend all told.

Happy to have had some decent snow. Not enough to claim a snow day though I don't think :(

Work tomorrow. Bring on a battleground Thursday and a 3 day weekend!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Not loking forward to the drive to T. Wells for work in the morning :(

Posted

So a lot more than forecast for many regions today. Had a nice top up here in Camberley. Fairly light all day so kept the main roads clear. Really nice like that, went for a nice drive to enjoy the snowy scenes.

Legs been hurting all day from sledging yesterday but its getting better now I've banged it against the door by accident, random but I like those sort of accidents!

The Gods are being nice, give thanks and enjoy the snow. I have a feeling it's not even half time yet this winter...

Posted

I took these photos on Hastings sea front on Saturday so apologies for posting it late.

Im not sure whether this bloke was trying to catch Cod or a Cold, but I give him credit for even trying in those conditions.

post-10628-0-59608700-1358726010_thumb.j

post-10628-0-08462000-1358726098_thumb.j

post-10628-0-92698700-1358726146_thumb.j

Edited by Bluebreezer54

Posted

Hi someone posted a link to the 1963 weather program that was on yesterday...it was the only one I missed...does anyone have it,,,,,Thanks

It's Winterwatch on iPlayer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01q9d86/Winterwatch_1963_The_Big_Freeze/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Hi someone posted a link to the 1963 weather program that was on yesterday...it was the only one I missed...does anyone have it,,,,,Thanks

It was me, here you go....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01q9d86/Winterwatch_1963_The_Big_Freeze/

Posted

I think john has had a few brandy's to keep the cold out !

Nothing showing for us on the radar atm its now just a matter of having a kip and keeping a close eye on things from the sw heading east tomorrow morning.

Posted

Little confused. Rain today shows no ppn over me but I've had very light snow showers for the past 1hr

Same here. Mostly snizzle at the moment.