Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincs Regional Discussion 21/01/13 06z Onwards

Coast

Posted

MY MUM'S BROTHERS AUNTYS UNCLES FRIEND WORKS IN THE MET OFFICE AND HE SAYS 40CM OF SNOW FOR LOWLAND YORSKHIRE AND 50-60CM FOR HIGHER GROUND, GET READY FOLKS, ITS' COMING.

NOOO... THE BELLS TORMENT MEEEEE, THE SHEEP ARE LOOKING AT US WITH HATRED IN THEIR EYES... I SENSE BLACK THINGS, EVIL BLACK THINGS, WITH WINGS.... WHATS FOR TEA TONIGHT FARTHER, SECRETS AND LIES? BLACK, BLACK BLACKNESS ALL AROUND.

In a word... It wont happen...

I'll get my coat!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.

Not much downgrading of the snow looking at the forecasts. Some pretty decent totals on the way, and a tricky drive home of it arrives on time.

Posted

Tomorrow's snow event is really exciting when you consider large parts of Yorkshire have in excess of 15cm of snow. The NAE goes for 22mm here which could equate to anywhere between 5-25cm of snow, it just depends on how wet the snow is. If we do see the upper end total's on top of the near foot of snow on the grass we'd be looking at a spectacular cold spell, perhaps some areas seeing in excess of 50cm overall.

RAMP!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

You can always rely on Cheese Rice's smiling horse to put you in the right mood.

Posted

Tomorrow's snow event is really exciting when you consider large parts of Yorkshire have in excess of 15cm of snow. The NAE goes for 22mm here which could equate to anywhere between 5-25cm of snow, it just depends on how wet the snow is. If we do see the upper end total's on top of the near foot of snow on the grass we'd be looking at a spectacular cold spell, perhaps some areas seeing in excess of 50cm overall.

RAMP!

I expect a red alert lol

Posted

Hopefully some cloud breaks later to allow the temps to take a tumble.Disappointing here in recent days, as the temp hasn't even been below freezing since around last sunday, with the temps constantly around 2c during the day and night and a slow thaw of the snow each day since then.Down to 0.4c currently though.

Posted

The NMM looks excellent for here, obvious risk of it turning to sleet but it's shown as rain/snow so there's every possibility of it been all snow.

Clear uncertainty for South Yorkshire with North/West Yorks in the firing line.

post-8968-0-43806500-1359069231_thumb.pnpost-8968-0-64652900-1359069236_thumb.pnpost-8968-0-39152600-1359069241_thumb.pnpost-8968-0-90413800-1359069245_thumb.pn

Edited by Cheese Rice

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Skies clearing now, -2.2C.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Looking good at the moment however everything is going to depend on how much the temperature/dew points rise during the day. Would prefer if it was arriving now rather than having a 10-12 hrs of probably warming.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the more extreme the better!

Just had a look at the radar, the front looks to be moving pretty quick. Want it to wait till dusk at least..so the temps are nice n low. Recorded a high of 2.1° yesterday hope it stays cooler today, was -4 when i got up at 5am

Posted
  • Location: Allerton Bywater, Castleford, West Yorkshire. 15m ASL
  • Location: Allerton Bywater, Castleford, West Yorkshire. 15m ASL

First time last night since last week that the temperature has dropped below 0 for me, -4.3 which is promising

Posted

AHHHHH, MY EYES!!.....

At last! A clear sky! looking forward to some sunshine today,can't remember last time it wasn't cloudy.

Gotta say this week has been the worst kind of cold!

Pretty much a steady +2C day and night!

Constant cloud, occasional sleet and a continuous slow thaw and slush.

Not nice really so looking forward to a change!

Looking likely we could be in for a good dumping tonight before briefly turning to sleet. Might get one more sledging trip if i get up early enough tomorrow!

Temp at -1.6C.

Posted

The local forecast looked awesome with significant snowfall this evening, and the temps staying below freezing throughout the night after the snow clears.

Posted
  • Location: Home: Oakworth, West Yorkshire, UK (250m ASL) / Work: Bradford, West Yorkshire (110m ASL)
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Extreme Weather
  • Location: Home: Oakworth, West Yorkshire, UK (250m ASL) / Work: Bradford, West Yorkshire (110m ASL)

AHHHHH, MY EYES!!.....

At last! A clear sky! looking forward to some sunshine today,can't remember last time it wasn't cloudy.

Gotta say this week has been the worst kind of cold!

Pretty much a steady +2C day and night!

Constant cloud, occasional sleet and a continuous slow thaw and slush.

Not nice really so looking forward to a change!

Looking likely we could be in for a good dumping tonight before briefly turning to sleet. Might get one more sledging trip if i get up early enough tomorrow!

Temp at -1.6C.

It was nice to see the sun, but already clouding over here in Leeds in the last 1/2 hour so don't think you will have sunshine for long I am afraid. A lovely sunrise here as well, from red to currently orange..

Posted

The higher roads are already having problems with old snow drifting, it is sliding across the fields here too.

32mph gusts at -2.4C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

Looking good at the moment however everything is going to depend on how much the temperature/dew points rise during the day. Would prefer if it was arriving now rather than having a 10-12 hrs of probably warming.

Agreed PIT, I've gone from -3.0C at 6.30 am to -1.6C now. Obviously still plenty cold enough of course, but given uppers aren't going to be that cold (-1 to -3 850s I think ?), if surface temps get up above freezing then it is going to be that dreaded word, 'marginal'. Also, looking at the radar, unless the band significantly expands (without losing too much intensity) I'm struggling to see where 6-9 hours of snow/rainfall is going to come from ?