Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Regional Discussion 22/01/13 16z----->

A.J

Posted

Can anyone say of there will be any more again today please? School is open but many parents keeping children home as they think there's another event forecast today. Any truth in it?

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers

Very light snow in Cardiff atm. Very slushy underfoot, but no thaw yet apart from the ground.

Posted

That front moving into Southern Ireland is well ahead of schedule and further West than progged. It should slide South East. Maybe one for you guys in the West to monitor today!

Posted

Hi all had quite a shock this morn when I seen the amount of snow up here, not sure what its like down in the valley but up here it has drifted slightly and filled all the paths and roads that had been cleared. schools closed again and wife has another day off from school she is well happy ha ha. whats the future for us now guys? had a quick read in model thread and some are saying the cold could be here to stay and no mild coming in, any ideas what one is true?

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Credit side: snowing

Debit side: thawing

Balance B/F: zilch

Correction to credit: additional heavy snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Has anybody seen the latest radar! The snow area has suddenly expanded.

crazy

snow is back moderate

Edited by Marcus_surfer

Posted

Hi all had quite a shock this morn when I seen the amount of snow up here, not sure what its like down in the valley but up here it has drifted slightly and filled all the paths and roads that had been cleared. schools closed again and wife has another day off from school she is well happy ha ha. whats the future for us now guys? had a quick read in model thread and some are saying the cold could be here to stay and no mild coming in, any ideas what one is true?

Mild weather coming in over the weekend is 99.9% certain I'm afraid - anyone saying that it will stay as it is now is just hopecasting (or perhaps living in a parallel universe). :)

Posted

Glad your safe Steve - and retaining your humour. I too love the people who pop on and the only post you will see is a derogatory one - uncalled for.

JK

Roads down to Pengam and even the Corbetts roundabout in Caerphilly were a lot worse today John - mistake I made was leaving too early, I think in future if I'm going to make the effort I'll leave it until its light at the very least and give the roads a bit of time to clear the worst of the slush and ice. Could be bad tommorrow though if we get the freezing temperatures.

and as I speak just starting to snow quite a bit again down in Newport

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl

Roads down to Pengam and even the Corbetts roundabout in Caerphilly were a lot worse today John - mistake I made was leaving too early, I think in future if I'm going to make the effort I'll leave it until its light at the very least and give the roads a bit of time to clear the worst of the slush and ice. Could be bad tommorrow though if we get the freezing temperatures.

and as I speak just starting to snow quite a bit again down in Newport

I managed to take today off as well as yesterday in anticipation of it being bad. That is my route to Tongwynlais very early tomorrow morning and if it gets as cold as predicted - will be a bit dicey to say the least!

JK

Posted

"Snowing" in Machynlleth, but frankly a poor effort. Even the snowman's smile has thawed and it looks like a pathetic grimace.

Roll on summer.

Posted

Mild weather coming in over the weekend is 99.9% certain I'm afraid - anyone saying that it will stay as it is now is just hopecasting (or perhaps living in a parallel universe). :)

thanks for that a few in model thread are saying the models are starting to shift back but as you say some hold on to whats not there,i myself would rather have some nice dry cold weather once this snow clears and then after a break have one big blast nice large amount of snow for kids then clear and have a very very very long hot sunny summer ha ha,(now im in that dream land lol) Edited by welshwizard

Posted

"Snowing" in Machynlleth, but frankly a poor effort. Even the snowman's smile has thawed and it looks like a pathetic grimace.

Roll on summer.

I think summer may be a long way away at the moment even if the predicted thaw arrives this weekend cray.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe disruptive snow or any other severe weather!

crazy

snow is back moderate

i think its great started here again too, maybe it will keep expanding and that front further west will join it creating a massive dump for western wales? lol made most of that up so dont think theres any logic in it haha

Posted

Blimey! Winter wonderland out there this morning. Had a good couple if inches snow (can't be bothered to go out and measure at the moment lol) and to me it looks like at least a foot on top of my patio table! Madness! It's snizzling here now :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers

Snowing a bit heavier in Cardiff at the mo.

Don't really know where it's coming from (comments like "the sky" or "the clouds" are not really needed here, but feel free if it makes you fell like a stand-up).

Light PPN showing on raintoday, but not so much on netweather radar.

Looking good around Swansea/Llanelli - looks to be beefing up a bit as well. ENJOY!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

The area of precip currently in Carmarthen was moving west towards Pembrokeshire, and as it touched the border, oh, it then moved north instead of west into carmarthenshire leaving us snowless once again, i think im going to have to move but at least summer is better here ;)

So much snow, ~7 inches Friday, 3-4 inches yesterday night and another 2-3 inches or so last night. Not much thaw either so must be close to a foot of snow out there now, definitely a foot or more further up the mountain by the house. About as much snow I can ever remember see lying.

Wind was really howling last night too blowing the snow everywhere.

(heads of valleys way)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe disruptive snow or any other severe weather!

So much snow, ~7 inches Friday, 3-4 inches yesterday night and another 2-3 inches or so last night. Not much thaw either so must be close to a foot of snow out there now, definitely a foot or more further up the mountain by the house. About as much snow I can ever remember see lying.

Wind was really howling last night too blowing the snow everywhere.

Sounds great enjoy :)

Posted

The area of precip currently in Carmarthen was moving west towards Pembrokeshire, and as it touched the border, oh, it then moved north instead of west into carmarthenshire leaving us snowless once again, i think im going to have to move but at least summer is better here tease.gif

Don't worry it skimmed me to the south in the Amman Valley how frustrating is that? When Llanelli has a few Inches and we here with elevation have nothing but light snow flurries, it's frustrating, but so Happy Llanelli has had some decent snow. But all we want is for these showers to be a little more north and we'd be game on :(

Had constant light snow that can't settle for hours, it's dammn right annoying :(