Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Who has been accurate?

Posted

Hey guys, so i dont really follow long range forecasts, so i was just wondering who has been fairly accurate so far this winter? Also who do you think had done a good job during 2012/2013. cheers

Edited by Staffordshire

Guest pjl20101

Would say GP has done very well so far and if this February is colder than average then he's come up trumps yet again. You have to admit people like him and anonther member are professionals and do forecasting for a living wheras piers and James do it for the money and at times I think they can con us.

Edited by pjl20101

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Would say GP has done very well so far and if this February is colder than average then he's come up trumps yet again. You have to admit people like him and anonther member are professionals and do forecasting for a living wheras piers and James do it for the money and at times I think they can con us.

I think if Piers and James are 'doing it for the money' that would make them, by definition, professionals, whether or not they are qualified is another matter.

As far as I'm aware G.P is a very knowledgable amateur and has a 'day job' which doesn't involve weather forecasting.

Both G.P and Roger J Smith seem to be doing quite well so far this winter but final judgement must be reserved until the beginning of March. No matter what happens during the remainder of February it should be remembered that long range weather forecasting is a long way from being an exact science and a forecast which 'goes wrong' is a matter for learning rather than for condemning the forecaster.

Even to get the overall pattern right at three months range would be a major achievement, let alone pinning down any sort of detail.