Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 06/02/13 10z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Ok, please carry on here smile.png

old thread here --------------->

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

as posted on the previous thread:

well it would appear the 06z shows a stalled snow event tomorrow evening for us in the east of the region where dew points MAY be just about marginal and it hangs about for 24 hrs. this is however with the GFS precip charts so take that with a pinch of salt

edit: then shed loads on sunday into monday with dew points in the minus much further west. all open to change and no doubt will

Posted
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station
  • Weather Preferences: winter snow summer lots of sun
Posted · Hidden by davacr123, February 6, 2013 - Not relavent
Hidden by davacr123, February 6, 2013 - Not relavent

How come all the mod are locked out ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter snow summer lots of sun

Best chance for the majority of the region for snow would be Sunday through to Wednesday going by gfs output from what I can see and then further towards the 21st ish more chances down the line will just have to wait and see what verifies and what dosnt so still plenty more chances for the nw region and not over yet by a long way

Edited by davacr123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Apart from the biting wind it's really nice late winters day with stunning sunshine, 5.3c but feels much lower factoring in the wind.

Posted

How cold does it feel today...i got cotton wool in my ears its given me earache

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Not exactly cold today is it? 6.2 degrees down from 7 , feels cold out there though, had blue skies and sunshine earlier until some clouds rolled in this afternoon, some dark clouds at the mo but no ppn at all and the suns out still as well.

Posted

Felt much colder in the wind today, northerly making it's presence felt especially when your walking around Oldham Civic Centre - there's some sort of wind funnel there that catches the unawares off guard. Zero chance of showers from this straight northerly, didn't even catch any in the morning that was forecasted. That said a nice, cold sunny day felt overdue.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Oldham civic centre, eeeee those were the days! Lol...

Down to 4.2 here, clear skies and flipping freezing out there!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

As has already been said there is looking to be little in the way of snow chances for most of the region over the next few days.

A small chance of a little snow over the higher parts of the Pennines tomorrow evening but amounts will be quite low and conditions look a bit marginal so it could easily turn out to be a rain only event.

After that it's looking like Sunday evening and into Monday but again it's far from confirmed.

In the meantime a few cold but usable winters days on offer along with some sharp frosts.

Posted

I just don't see anything happening in the far west. While we had a biting wind this morning, it soon died down by lunch time, with plenty of sunshine with temperatures sitting at 5.2C. so, just a few degrees below the average for February.

I think most of any action will certainly be to the east, which funnily enough is where most of the action occurs given most winters in recent years.

As long as the rain stays away from here, and it remains dry and bright and cold at night, like it's supposed to be in the winter then i think most of us out west will be happy. Snow chances are almost negligible this far west looking at the models, so cold and dry is the best we can hope for. (i'd like to see one last snow event before this winter is gone next month)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Manchester Airport TAF going for a snow to rain event tomorrow evening

quite strange,i would imagine sleet and best for low ground,but certainly a covering of snow above 200m

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

I just don't see anything happening in the far west. While we had a biting wind this morning, it soon died down by lunch time, with plenty of sunshine with temperatures sitting at 5.2C. so, just a few degrees below the average for February.

I think most of any action will certainly be to the east, which funnily enough is where most of the action occurs given most winters in recent years.

As long as the rain stays away from here, and it remains dry and bright and cold at night, like it's supposed to be in the winter then i think most of us out west will be happy. Snow chances are almost negligible this far west looking at the models, so cold and dry is the best we can hope for. (i'd like to see one last snow event before this winter is gone next month)

Given the 96-144 hr charts I don't think it's wise/big/clever to write off snow chances.

Some places will see snow tomorrow

Posted

Given the 96-144 hr charts I don't think it's wise/big/clever to write off snow chances.

Some places will see snow tomorrow

but as you know yourself, marginal always seems to be the keyword here most times. I'm just saying, I don't feel particularly confident. However as things have proven this year alone, anything that can happen usually does, and that relates to snow which i have been quite surprised about.

just to highlight

Liverpool airport going for a rain to snow showers tomorrow..

EGGP 061701Z 0618/0718 34014KT 9999 SCT030 BECMG 0707/0710 28004KT PROB40 TEMPO 0712/0718 7000 -RASN BKN013

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted

Latest BBC forecasts play it down and suggest temps will be too warm they have 5/6c throughout next three days and the band will weaken and be a mostly snizzle affair if that. They didn't go into Sunday/Monday though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

BOOM!

http://www.meteociel...xt=1&x=233&y=36

Long way to go and in the cold light of day, i would still suggest its pretty long odds, given the MO updates, but by no means out of the question we could still get a massive convective Easterly around the 20th.

ECM ens nowhere near as supportive but are tending to flatline now without rising anymore.

interesting 32 day EC coming tommorow night, still got doubts but you have to be in it to win it - lets hope we are all having a corker come monday again!!

Edited by feb1991blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

METO going for rain today,however the good news is as follows,turning to snow at low levels later

have a good day,this thread may be a little bit more active this evening

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

METO going for rain today,however the good news is as follows,turning to snow at low levels later

have a good day,this thread may be a little bit more active this evening

C.S

Again the BBC forecasts seem to be a bit at odds with the Meto O version with the latter showing a decent chance of wintryness over the region tonight but the BBC reserving it for Scotland and offering little more than an area of cloud and damp further south.

To me temperatures are a worry to with this so called cold spell delivering what can only be described as average temperatures during the day time.

The Met O also keeps this theme going throughout the weekend but the BBC is tending to offer little in the way of clues.

Anyway with it currently at -2c here at least a decent wintery looking day is on the cards.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

A bit chilly this morning got down to -0.2c so not perishingly cold, high cloud slowly advancing in from the west ahead of that weather front which I expect will fall as rain away from the high ground, wouldn't rule out some wintry falls to lower levels later this evening though.

Posted

Good chances of snow for us now on Sunday, taking the brunt of it and for Monday. Looking good. In fact, i enjoy it even more as the latest charts suggest it's marginal for the South East. help.gifrofl.gif

I could tell the charts were looking good for us as the MOD thread was quiet.rofl.gif