Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 08/03/13 ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

Don't forget these are the same models that have been way off all winter, also lets not forget the night of 5th and 6th February 2009 when nothing was forecast and the rest is now history. I would also add I am a hopecaster when it comes to snow clapping.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Been plesent day with sunny spells,,, Group of 15 people managed to complete the Cerne Valley walk in nice dry early Spring conditions, They rewarded with views of Roe Deer and Buzzard circuling overhead, Turned wet now but still mild late afternoon,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Temperature is on the fall now over last couple of hours after a high of 10.5c its dropped back to 7c so milder air is on the way out slowly.

With meto updated text forecast there is enough to keep my interest and hopes up I think it will just be a nowast event from mid day sunday onwards.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

Beautiful day in Truro today with the sun out .

Going to be an interesting couple of days coming up :-). Happy days .

Would be nice to see the cathedral all white :-)

The wheelhouse roof of my boat was white today.Bloody seagullsaggressive.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

The GEM would be an acceptable version of events, with most of our region seeing a period of snow between Sunday evening and Monday evening;

post-12721-0-43216500-1362847466_thumb.jpost-12721-0-18974500-1362847463_thumb.jpost-12721-0-46841700-1362847469_thumb.j

post-12721-0-68351400-1362847483_thumb.jpost-12721-0-67303000-1362847489_thumb.jpost-12721-0-49086600-1362847495_thumb.j

Posted

My thoughts are if the Low does go further South , then today's front will make it further South , possibly stalling over our area .. A lot of PPN charts are now showing this .. We just need to make sure it is Cold enough by tomorrow evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

The wheelhouse roof of my boat was white today.Bloody seagullsaggressive.gif

they just don't care where they dump do they ;-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

they just don't care where they dump do they ;-)

And why should they,, they can go wherever they want, leave the poor birds alone lol.

Posted

And why should they,, they can go wherever they want, leave the poor birds alone lol.

lol..... Rats with wings! ;-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.
Posted · Hidden by jethro, March 9, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by jethro, March 9, 2013 - No reason given

lol..... Rats with wings! ;-)

Nasty attitude, must admit I can't stand people who come out with crap like that, they got as much right to be on this planet just as much as you!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

My thoughts are if the Low does go further South , then today's front will make it further South , possibly stalling over our area .. A lot of PPN charts are now showing this .. We just need to make sure it is Cold enough by tomorrow evening.

I can see where your coming from but isn't it a feature that is meant to fizzle all the time with just patchy rain sleet and a little snow before it clears?

I like the look of the latest netweather forecast for my postcode air_kiss.gif 10cm of snow according to that lets just hope the gfs is on the money good.gif

Posted

From Ian Fergusson: yes Ross, the trend continues a southward rather than northern bias; hopefully worst will miss entirely. Will see.

Well GFS, NMM and NAVGEM (The only models I have checked so far) all show Snow over all of our area tomorrow night , This Snow is not from the low but a separate area of precipitation , so there is a high chance we will all see Snow falling .. We should see a period of heavy rain tomorrow afternoon , turning to snow as we head into the evening.

Posted
Posted · Hidden by jethro, March 9, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by jethro, March 9, 2013 - No reason given

Nasty attitude, must admit I can't stand people who come out with crap like that, they got as much right to be on this planet just as much as you!

i do know that! .... Only saying it how it is down here :-)
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

TBH, model watching the past 24 hours including the latest hi-res output suggests that there is an increasing chance of a lot of people in here being disappointed if it's laying snow they're after....Everything seems to be trending south from my viewpoint, maybe a lucky few along the south coast might see something, and up over Dartmoor.....North of a line Exeter - Southampton looks pretty much dry.......Still, that's the viewpoint from the model output, what happens in reality remains to be seen....I'm not trying to dampen the mood in here, just trying to be realistic

Posted

I can see where your coming from but isn't it a feature that is meant to fizzle all the time with just patchy rain sleet and a little snow before it clears?

I like the look of the latest netweather forecast for my postcode air_kiss.gif 10cm of snow according to that lets just hope the gfs is on the money good.gif

Well doesn't look very patchy on GFS . If the low is further South into France then there will be more chance for the original precipitation to move further South and remain in tact as it won't merge with the cloud layer of the low. It's hard to explain but i'm sure you know what I mean ,,, 12z Snow chart from the GFS below.

36_30.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

and, can we keep it on topic please?....ta

Posted

Going to be close but I do think Devon and Cornwall are in for a good snowy morning in Monday .... Keeping the fingers crossed .

Will be a nice way to end the winter .

Posted

Whilst not on the mainland, look out for some decent snow reports from the Channel Islands, models suggesting a rain-snow event overnight on Sunday and with SST's about as low as they will go in winter/spring now, time looks good for a decent dumping down there into Monday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

It's been absolutely chucking down here for the last half hour, didn't realise rain was forecast. Everything is horrible and wet again now!